Statement of boundary conditions for moving faces

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Nazir Al Sayed

Statement of boundary conditions for moving faces

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello,

I want to simulate a problem of fluid structure interaction using the ALE method, the attached image of the mesh and groups. On the graph interafce I can not put negative values ​​so that I can declare the initial positions and the positions of equilibrium of each internal structure, attached the ficheir . Xml. I tried to settle this problem is stating the boundary conditions in the attached file usstru.f90. But still I have the same error message in the listing file.

Best regards

Nazir Al Sayed
Attachments
usstru.f90
(33 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
maillage_coeur_phenix.png
listing-04111712.txt
(26.17 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
coeur_phenix.xml
(16.86 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Statement of boundary conditions for moving faces

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This seems to be both a bug in the GUI (not allowing negative values), and in the reader (not accepting an incomplete definition for BC_5, while this definition may be handled afterwards by a Fortran user subroutine, so checks should come later).

As values defined in user subroutines normally supersede those defined by the GUI, you may be able to work around this bug by defining complete (but false, with only positive values) initial positions and positions of equilibrium for all structures, so the the GUI file reader does not complain, then use usstru.f90 you defined to replace those values with the "correct" values.

Best regards,

Yvan