Exporting 2D slices

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
Gareth Gretton

Exporting 2D slices

Post by Gareth Gretton »

Hello,

Following on from an earlier post [1] where I was discussing a "new" method of exporting 1D profiles (the code for which I must put up on the web once I've tidied it a bit!) I'd like to do something a bit similar for 2D slices. I'm aware that this can be done via the subroutine getfac, but I don't think I'll end up with exactly what I want, given the widely varying sizes of the elements in my mesh.

For the method I have in mind, what I need to know is the coordinates of the nodes at either end of the edges surrounding the faces in the mesh. Thus, what I need to know is the connectivity relationship: faces > edges > nodes. I'm aware that the array nodfac stores the information on
faces > nodes connectivity, but I'm not sure what order the nodes are stored in for each face. Hopefully it will store them proceeding in a fixed direction (clockwise or anticlockwise) going around each face in which case problem solved! What would be less helpful would be if it stored this information in an arbitrary order, such that, for a quadrilateral face, we may jump across the diagonal between entries.

Hopefully someone knows the answer!

Thanks,

Gareth

[1] http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=924
Yvan Fournier

Re: Exporting 2D slices

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The nodes of each face are stored in anticlockwise (trigonometrical) order.

Best regards,

Yvan Fournier