Gambit neutral file mesh

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Hugo Campelo

Gambit neutral file mesh

Post by Hugo Campelo »

Hello,

Good afternoon to you all. I would be pleased to have suggestions on the following problem. I exported a 3D mesh created in gambit as Gambit Neutral File (*.neu). When I checked the mesh in Saturne there was apparently no problem but I lost the boundary conditions definition. I have just 2 boundary conditions called generally Fluid and Solid, when I had defined previously arround 6.
I would like to have a hint on how to recover these boundary conditions. Does anyone have experienced a similar problem?

Thanks.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Gambit neutral file mesh

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Were your boundary conditions defined on faces or on nodes ? I do not rember from the GAMBIT documentation whether it can generate both, but in any case, Code_Saturne only handles conditions defined on faces.

Also, which version of Code_Saturne are you using ? some bugs in the GAMBIT reader were fixed quite a while ago, but if you use an old (pre 2.0) version, that might be the cause.

Best regards,

Yvan
Sébastien Thomas

Post by Sébastien Thomas »

Hello,

A possibility of your problem is the definition of solver in Gambit. In fact, you should  define generic solver in Gambit to have a support of boundary conditions in neutral file. To verify this problem you can read the neutral file with notepad or an other software and verify the number of boundary conditions and their name. After the selection of generic solver, you can select your boundary conditions on faces with Elemnt_side as type and after you define your real type in Code_Saturne or you can select a volume to define Fluid and Solid conditions in the second button of Gambit. You can see the definition in my pictures.

Best regards,

Sebastien
Attachments
conditions-aux-limites2.JPG
conditions-aux-limites.JPG
Hugo Campelo

Post by Hugo Campelo »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for your quick answer. I lost the BC defined in faces in Gambit and I am using Code Saturne RC 2.1.
I will try to define the BC as element_side type and I will get back here to forum to post the result.

Best regards,

Hugo
Hugo Campelo

Post by Hugo Campelo »

Hello Sebastien,

First of all thanks for your pictures. As I said to Yvan I will follow your approach of defining the BC as indicated in your first picture and I will get back to post the result.

In fact I opened the neutral file as Notepad and it only has 2 BC defined which I believe are the two continuum types (fluid and solid that I defined in Gambit).

I'll get back to you later.

Best regards,

Hugo

Hugo Campelo

Post by Hugo Campelo »

Hello,

Just to make the update. After defining the BC in Gambit as element_side everything was well imported in Saturne. It worked.

Thanks a lot and good weekend.

Regards,

Hugo