Problem of meshes in ALE

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Nazir Al Sayed

Problem of meshes in ALE

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello,

With the method ALE , I got a run a calculation for a flow between two cylinder (annular cavity) on a fine grid, and for a time step of the order 10^-6, to avoid negative volumes, otherwise the calculation stops. For the same geometry, I would test a coarse mesh. For this I made ​​a coarse mesh (attached) and I made the calculation. The problem is that this calculation does not start because it can not find my boundary conditions that I imposed in the .Xml. I tried several meshes, and still I have the same error message in the listing file attached.

I'm sure this problem comes from the grid, but I can not resolve the dispute.

Thank you very much.

Nazir
Attachments
listing-12141849.txt
(5.37 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
cavite_annulaire.xml
(9.27 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
cavite_annulaire_30_0-025.med.gz
(62.82 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Problem of meshes in ALE

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
Running the preprocessor (or checking your listpre file), you may see that you have 2700 boundary faces with no group. They might be handled by your geometric selection criteria for your first symmetry condition, but if they are not, it would explain your problem.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Nazir Al Sayed

Post by Nazir Al Sayed »

Hello, Even if I change the types of boundary conditions , symmetry in the wall, there is always the same error message. In addition, all the faces on the bord of its geometry is in one of these four groups. I do not know why SATURN find only certain faces.

Best regards

Nazir
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
I just loaded your mesh file under SALOME 6.4.0, and I confirm that the top boundary faces are part of no group (the bottom faces are part of "paroi_basse", but there is no equivalent for the top faces.
So the problem is already visible under SALOME, and is purely a mesh faces groups definition issue.
note that with version 2.0 of Code_Saturne (vs versin 1.3), you may get an error.ensight (or error.med or error.cgns) postprocessing output, showing you which faces have an incorrect or missing boundary condition in cases such as this one.
Best regards,
  Yvan