tutorial case 3

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Christine Leroy

tutorial case 3

Post by Christine Leroy »

hello,

I'm exercising with the tutorials.

Trying to run the 2-full-domain, case 3, I have the following message:
COMPILE OR LINK ERROR

and in the compil.log file :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/bin/code_saturne", line 127, in <module>     main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/bin/code_saturne", line 122, in main     commands[command](argv[1:])
  File "/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/bin/code_saturne", line 75, in compile     cs_compile.main(argv)
  File "/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ncs/cs_compile.py", line 288, in main     set_modules() # Set environment modules if present
  File "/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ncs/cs_exec_environment.py", line 169, in set_modules     stdout=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 595, in __init__     errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1092, in _execute_child     raise child_exception OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Is it a problem linked to the software installation or is it just an error I did when setting the case? the problem is that I really don't find the mistake...

thanks for your help

Christine
Christine Leroy

Re: tutorial case 3

Well, I'm sorry to ask again, but truly, for someone who has never used Saturne before, the Tutorial doesn't give a lot of explanations ...
I couldn't do the CASE4 for the problem I have mentioned in my previous post.
For the CASE5, where and what should I do with the cs_user_postprocess.c file? what is it for ?
and how do I change the usdpst.f90 file and the others? Has someone succeded in running these tutorials and could explain me how she/he made the changes in the subroutines? thanks a lot.

Christine
Mickael Hassanaly

Post by Mickael Hassanaly »

Hello Christine,
Could you make a tar.gz of your whole study directory and post it here ?
Regards
Mickaël
Christine Leroy

Hello Mickael,

Thank you for your reply.

I send you the directory I'm working in.

At the moment, just case 1,2 and 3 are to be seen.

I've cancelled everything I did for CASE5 since I'm completely unable to modify the subroutine.

By the way, where can I find the codes for the subroutines : getfac, pstcma, pstass etc.... 

Tanks a lot for any help!!!
Attachments
working_directory-tar.gz
(661.06 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
Your problem seems to be related to modules (I assume you are running under Fedora Linux), and a bug relative to modules support was fixed in version 2.0.4.
So it would be safe to replace Code_Saturne 2.0.3 with 2.0.4 (only the "ncs" kernel needs to be replaced if you are not using the automatic installer), which is installed in the same way.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Christine Leroy

Ciao Yvan,

Ok, I've installed ncs-204. Since I don't want to do any mistakes, I've let the directories ncs-2.0.3 and ncs-2.0.3.build and just create new ones : ncs-2.0.4 and ncs-2.0.4.build and launched the same command as previously :

cd ncs-2.0.4.build
../ncs-2.0.4/configure --prefix=/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203 --with-bft=/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203  --with-fvm=/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203 --with-mei=/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203 --with-prepro=/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203 --with-libxml2 --with-blas --with-syrthes --with-python_exec=/usr/bin --with-pyqt4-exec

make
make install
make clean

So everything's remains in the

/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/

and I hope there's no conflict with the previous ncs-203

So I ran again the CASE3 of the T_JUNCTION tutorial since in this one, nothing has to be changed by the user in the user routines, it's already prepared.

But I still have the same problem:

Code: Select all

[leroy@mediceo6NB DATA]$ ./SaturneGUI case3_chr.xml &
 [1] 2838
[leroy@mediceo6NB DATA]$ nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout

Single processor Code_Saturne simulation
                        Code_Saturne is running
    Working directory (to be periodically cleaned) :      /home/leroy/tmp_Saturne/T_JUNCTION.CASE3.01101201
    Kernel version:           /home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203
    Preprocessor:             /home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/bin

Compilation of user subroutines and linking of Code_Saturne
COMPILE OR LINK ERROR

what does the "nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout"
means?

Regards

Christine
Mickael Hassanaly

Post by Mickael Hassanaly »

Hello Christine,

you should find information on the requested subroutines in the following path :
/home/leroy/software/saturne/cs-203/src/base

To avoid conflict,  i advice you to clear your previous installation of Code_Saturne.

Did you modify the arguments in your usclim.f90? It seems that a lot
of arguments have been removed and i think that's why you have problem.
Just copy usclim.f90 from REFERENCE to SRC and then modify only the
parameters that deals with your physical boundaries conditions. If you
still have problem, post it here and i will check it.

Best regards

Mickaël
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
The message for nohup should not be important.
to understand your problem, we need to look at your compile.log file in /home/leroy/tmp_Saturne/T_JUNCTION.CASE3.01101201.
Best regards,
  Yvan
Christine Leroy

Hi Mickael,

I think I was using a different version of the Tutorials...and the subroutines were not the same. It's ok now.

In the path you gave me, I couldn't find the subroutines.

For example, the subroutine usclim.f90 (this one is in REFERENCE under SRC, it's ok for that ) calls the following subroutines:

getfbr, keendb, keenin or usdpst.f90 calls : pstcwr, getfac, pstcma, pstass...and these are the subroutines I'd like to find.

I've searched in all directories but without success. Are they part of other files, if yes, is there a list of the files to which each subroutine belongs?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Christine
Christine Leroy

sorry, I didn't see your post before. I think I was using files from the "examples" directory of an older version of Saturne maybe, and when I changed, everything went ok.

Previously Yvan Fournier wrote:
Hello,
The message for nohup should not be important.
to understand your problem, we need to look at your compile.log file in /home/leroy/tmp_Saturne/T_JUNCTION.CASE3.01101201.
Best regards,
  Yvan