Timestep between Code Saturne and Syrthes

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Thomas Aumeier

Timestep between Code Saturne and Syrthes

Post by Thomas Aumeier »

Hello Marc,
I am running an unsteady coupling between CS and Syrthes and it works quite well. There is one question that remains at the moment: How am I able to manage that Syrthes gets the the same timestep as CS. I can't find any hints in the code and the documentations. I think this is quite a simple question, but the only way I know for the problem is to use the reference time step from usini.F90 and set the it manually in Syrthes. Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Thomas Aumeier

Marc Sakiz

Re: Timestep between Code Saturne and Syrthes

Post by Marc Sakiz »

Hello Thomas,
indeed as for now there is no exchange of information on the time step between Code_Saturne and SYRTHES. The only way to have unsteady synchronized simulations is to chose a constant time step in Code_Saturne and use the same time step value for both codes.

However, we are currently working on that. SYRTHES is ready to receive a time step information from Code_Saturne and the message passing is already operationnal. Its just the final plugging in Code_Saturne that is missing (getting the value of the time step, letting the user chose whether he wants Code_Saturne to impose its time step to SYRTHES or not, ...).
This will not be available in version 2.0 (released beginning of 2010), but it will be available in a development version 2.1, probably issued at the end of 2010.

Another option is possible : when version 2.0 is issued, we'll probalby make the final implementation quickly and we can send you the (few) modified routines so you can use it without waiting for the official release of development version 2.1.

Best regards

--Marc--