Relaxation coefficients for pressure and turbulent variables.

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Norbert Modlinski

Relaxation coefficients for pressure and turbulent variables

Post by Norbert Modlinski »

Dear support and users,
I have a simple question. I try to run a calculation without GUI. In which subroutine relaxp and relaxv should be placed? When I place them in usini1.f90 file I cannot compile the case since these two are not recognized.
Best regards and thank you in advance.
Norbert

James McNaughton

Re: Relaxation coefficients for pressure and turbulent variables.

Post by James McNaughton »

I previously had a similar problem - relaxp is in the manual but not recognised by the code (I think it's an internal variable that has been misinterpreted into the user guide). To change the relaxation you can type in usipsu of usini1 for each variable:
relaxv(ivar(iphas)) = ##

James
Norbert Modlinski

Post by Norbert Modlinski »

Thanks a lot James. I have tried that but not in usipsu procedure. Should work now.
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Actually, relaxp is an old variable corresponding now to relaxv(ipr(1)). So James is right in advising you to use relaxv! I thought it was correct in the user manual whereas it isn't... will fix that later.
Quick comment also, such variables should "always" (actually not, but most of them should!) be set up in usipsu as this corresponds to the acronym (in French) of USer Initialization for additional Parameters (additional == "SUpplémentaire" in French).
David