Error while launching cs under MacOS

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
konst

Error while launching cs under MacOS

Post by konst »

Hello,

I had a problem launching code_saturne from master branch under MacOS. Some problems I have resolved but can not resolve this problem:

Code: Select all

konst@Konstantins-MacBook-Pro 20240105-1434 % ./run_solver
dyld[56974]: symbol not found in flat namespace '_cs_glob_ale'
I am using Mac with M1 processor.

Do you have any clues where I can take a look to resolve this issue

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin
Yvan Fournier

Re: Error while launching cs under MacOS

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

In the src/base/cs_ale.c file, there is a "_cs_glob_ale_data" structure, and a "cs_glob_ale" pointer pointing to that, but no variable named "_cs_glob_ale".

You can try renaming "_cs_glob_ale_data" as "_cs_glob_ale_data_s" for example in that whole file, in case the Mac OS linker does strange things with symbol names, but first try seeing what "ldd cs_solver" reports in your run directory.

Also, did you start with a clean build directory ? There might be issues with traces of previous attempts. What problems did you need to resolve ? We do not seem to have many users on Mac, and the Mac linker logic seems to change all the time (and has caused us issues in the past).

Best regards,

Yvan
konst

Post by konst »

Dear Yvan,

Thanks for reply I will try to do this procedure. I have clean the build directory before compiling.

Best regards,
Konstantin
konst

Post by konst »

I have figured out that this is appeared because I was using libraries hdf5 and med compiled on mac computer using different version of the compiler. I have recompiled hdf5 and med and everything works without errors.

Thanks for help.