Fluid Properties tab in v6.3.0 [Closed]

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
tpa

Fluid Properties tab in v6.3.0 [Closed]

Post by tpa »

Hello. I just installed Code Saturne version 6.3.0-2410f48a4

Compilation went fine and the gui start up fine. But ... I tried to run a test, but as the preprocessing is executed and the preprocessing log is read I realise that the data entry form/tab "Fluid Properties" has mysteriously disappeared.

If the link below works, it will show a screendump with a gui screen without the "Fluid Properties" form and just behind it a part of a gui screen as it look on startup or with a new file.

Up to now, if I exit the gui and start i again, the "Fluid Properties" form reappears.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a remedy?

Thanks for reading and for replies.
Attachments
Screenshot at 2021-03-04 21-29-05.png
Last edited by tpa on Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Fluid Properties tab in v6.3.0

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, I have not observed this behavior before. This seems to be a bug.

Note that in v7.0, fluid properties may be defined by zone (to help with with fluid/solid conjugate heat transfer), so they are in a tab in the volume zones section. So if this issue is non-critical, it may have low priority, since it should not appear in v7.0.

Thanks for the report. I'll check, and post again to ask for more details if unable to reproduce it.

Best regards,

Yvan Fournier
tpa

Post by tpa »

Hi Yvan. Thanks for the response. I have the installation log file if that is of any use. Best regards
tpa

Post by tpa »

I have now tried also installing other versions to see if they were better. I see strange behaviour with these other new installations as well so my suspicion is now on my installation, compiler, prerequisites or something else. Until my next fresh system installation I will stick with my v5.0.4. which delivers rather well.

Do not use more time with this, please, and thank you for the response.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Fluid Properties tab in v6.3.0 (Closed)

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Ok thanks. For v5, are you using PyQt 4 or 5 ? If both are available, it defaults to PyQt5, while v6, PyQt defaults to PyQt5, and PyQt4 is not tested much anymore. So this migt be a factor.

Best regards,

Yvan
tpa

Re: Fluid Properties tab in v6.3.0 (Closed)

Post by tpa »

Hi Yvan, and thank you. I just checked the installation log from the compilation of v5.0.4 back in 2019, and it was built on Python 2.7/PyQT4 whereas the more recent builds were on Python3/PyQT5 (both are available). I link up against hdf5/cgns/med/scotch libraries of Salome-MECA 2018 which are Python 2.7/PyQT5. This mix might be the cause of some strange behavior, as you propose.