Importing mesh into code_saturne 6.0

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
cwinant

Importing mesh into code_saturne 6.0

Post by cwinant »

I am running code_saturne 6.0 on debian bullseye. The code_saturne was installed from the debian package. I have a mesh file prepared by Salome in a directory Tutorial_1/Mesh_1/Mesh_1.med. I start code_saturne gui. I open a new case GTV/SmallChannel with MESH and POST directories. I open MESH which gives a Mesh input menu. I enter the existing mesh file name in the Select Input mesh pop-up It is unclear what to do next, clicking om mesh preprocessor or standars computation makes no preprocessor log, so I can not import the boundary sub-mesh
Cbarnaud

Re: Importing mesh into code_saturne 6.0

Post by Cbarnaud »

Hello,

After clicking on the 'mesh preprocessor' option (and save your setup.xml), have you run your case?
It's just like if you compute the whole simulation but the program will stop at the preprocessor step.
Then you will have a 'preprocessor' directory file in 'your case'/RESU with the famous preprocessor.log.

Hope this help,
Best regards
Camille.
cwinant

Post by cwinant »

Hi Camille

Following your instructions worked. I am very grateful to you. I have a further question regarding the instructions on pg 12 of the document Code_Saturne version 6.0.0 practical user's guide, middle of top para where it says to type the command line ./SaturneGUI setup.xml

On a new case, I would have a Mesh file prepared with Salome, but where would the setup.xml file come from? In my very limited experience with code_saturne 5.x, the setup.xml file was produced by code-saturne??

Thanks so much Clinton
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Actually, there is no difference in this regard between code_saturne 5.0 and 6.0. The test in the user guide is valid if you are re-opening/modifying a setup, but if you just run the GUI, it will create the xml file.

We'll need to make the documentation clearer on this point.

Best regards,

Yvan
cwinant

Post by cwinant »

Hi Yvan

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. There is another point you might consider clarifying: on line 6 of page 11 of the same document it says to "Click on the heading "Calculation management", but as you will see on Figure 2, there is no such heading.
Many thanks to you and colleagues for this amazing tool. Clinton Winant