code-saturne salome and paraview

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
cwinant

code-saturne salome and paraview

Post by cwinant »

Please excuse this if it is off-topic. I have recently installed code-saturne from debian package running in debian install. The list of Topics printed to the console includes an item entitles salome, however when invoked it returns:

abraca@GTV:~/Software/MPI$ code_saturne salome
SALOME is not available in this installation.

I have not found SALOME sites for debian unstable. Could you suggest a source? Also I am not clear whether Paraview is part of code-saturne or a separate code?

Thank you
Yvan Fournier

Re: code-saturne salome and paraview

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The option you mention should only appear when code_saturne is built with Salome (we should clean this up, but in the upcoming v6.1, it is already a separate command).

ParaView is a separate tool (for visualization), but is also packaged under Debian (and I believe actually listed as one of code_saturne's dependencies, which is actually the case only if the Catalyst in-situ features are used, requiring a build of ParaView with MPI; I have not checked if this is the case in the Debian package).

Installing a build of Salome generated for the closest Debian version can still be useful for meshing, unless you already have another mehing tool you are happy with.

Best regards,

Yvan