Gas combustion

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Pablo

Re: Gas combustion

Post by Pablo »

Hello everyone:

It is a long time since I don't update in this issue (gas combustion for at least 2 differente fuels).
I have been waiting for further development in gas combustion after I tried in 4.x version, and in the current 6.0 version it seemed it had been reviewed, but I have found the same issues I faced in the past (it can be seen onto this post) are still happening.

Does anybody have some reference/tutorial of a simulation with the given "dp_C4P" file?
...or how to define a gas combustion simulation of (at least) 2 given gaseous fuels?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Gas combustion

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not too sure about this part of the code, so I'll need to check with colleagues.

Most of the recent work on gas combustion is oriented towards fire safety simulation, an I would assume that in some fires, there can be several different gases arising from evaporation of materials, but I do not know whether or how this is handled yet. The test cases I know of use a single gas, but there may be more options.

Also, as per the older threads in the post, there may be some hard-coded limits to a single reaction that could be removed, but I'll need to check whether the people working on this consider it "risky/difficult" or simply "not tested yet".

I'll try to get more info the coming week.

Best regards,

Yvan