plot the pressure over a cylinder in ParaView or EnSight

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
zakaria_rhm

plot the pressure over a cylinder in ParaView or EnSight

Post by zakaria_rhm »

hi,
how to plot the pressure over a cylinder in ParaView or EnSight ?
Yvan Fournier

Re: plot the pressure over a cylinder in ParaView or EnSight

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Could you ne more specific ? Do you need to map the cylinder surface to a plane or simply view data ?

If you need to plot the cylinder to a plane I know there is a new filter for this I'm Paraviz (Paraview + additional plugins) I'm Salome 9.3, but am not sure it is in ParaView itself (and do not remember the name of the filter, just that it is not available in older versions).

As for EnSight, I have not used it these last few years, so although I remember there was a feature for this I could not explain how to access it).

Regards,

Yvan
zakaria_rhm

Post by zakaria_rhm »

hello, maybe I have not given more details about my problem, the study is a numerical simulation of a turbulent flow around four cylinders in square configuration, I used Gmsh for geometry and mesh generation , then Code_Saturne for the calculation, what is I want exactly how to plot the pressure curves in functions of the angle (0 to 360) for each cylinder. I hope that I have explained what I want, thank you for your reply sir.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

In this case I would recommend directly defining profiles in the code (either in the GUI, where you can define a curve as xyz = f(s), with the number of points of your choice, or in a user function). Doing it from the GUI, you would get the pressure at the centerof boundary cells rather than at the boundary, but an external tool like ParaView or Ensight would not have more information to work with so would not do better. With a user function, or the "new" plot system (https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/sites/ ... bes_p.html) you can do better, though it requires a bit more work.

I recommend starting with the simple solution (GUI-defined profiles).

Regards,

Yvan
zakaria_rhm

Post by zakaria_rhm »

merci pour votre réponse, j'ai d'autre question sur les résultats obtenus par Code_saturne, comment assure que la solution numérique tende vers la solutions exacte (la convergence) ?
zakaria_rhm

Post by zakaria_rhm »

thank you for your answer, I have other question on the results obtained by Code_saturne, how ensures that the numerical solution tends towards the exact solutions (the convergence)?
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is a very broad question.

The best practice guidelines on the web site (https://www.code-saturne.org/cms/documentation/BPG) need to be updated ans expanded, but are still valid and explain what you should check for.

Best regards,

Yvan