Old installers Saturne 2.0 and 2.3

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
Ccaccia73

Old installers Saturne 2.0 and 2.3

Post by Ccaccia73 »

Hi all,
I would like to run some tests and compare my results with the first versions I used, namely 2.0.8 and 2.3.4.
I might need to install some old version again.
In the downloads section of the site there are broken links for the installers of those versions:

"The requested page "/cms/sites/default/files/releases/installer-2.0.8.tar.gz" could not be found."
"The requested page "/cms/sites/default/files/releases/installer-2.3.4.tar.gz" could not be found"

I don't know if other links are broken.
Would it be possible to have those links repaired?
Thank you
Claudio
Yvan Fournier

Re: Old installers Saturne 2.0 and 2.3

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I would need to rebuild the associated installers, which might not work because some of the paths to third party libraries have probably changed.

I just checked, and the ncs-2.0.8.tar.gz and code_saturne-2.3.4.tar.gz are still present under /cms/sites/default/files/releases. Those archives actually contain the installers as a subdirectory (installer), so you may work from there.

For comparisons with older versions, I would rather recommend using the latest version from each branch (you can access each branch from Git using for example "git checkout -b v2.0 origin/v2.0" for branch 2.0 once you have cloned the git repository). The versions you mention are the last on their respective branches, so the result is the same, but checking out the branch has a more "systematic" aspect... You can also of course check out a given tag.

The sub-libraries from version 2.0 (BFT, FVM, ...) were in separate repositories at the time, so for those, the "tar.gz" files in "releases" are the best options. The installer should manage to find those.

Regards,

Yvan