modify the free stream inlet

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
yany

modify the free stream inlet

Post by yany »

Hello everyone,

I used the turbo-machinery module for wind turbine. However, there is always something wrong with face join between rotor and stator. :cry: :cry: :cry:
So I'm thinking about that if I can make the turbine stable and change the wind velocity direction(rotating). My question is that in this case can I get the same result with that from turbo-machinery module? And how can I modify the free stream velocity of inlet and make it rotating? Thank you so much.

All the best, Yan.
Yvan Fournier

Re: modify the free stream inlet

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you have issues in the rotor-stator joining, this is probably due to mesh issues.

An alternative option is to use the coupled boundary conditions mode (available from the GUI in version 5.2).

Otherwise, for complex inlet boundary conditions, you can use user subroutines. Check the Doxygen documentation examples.

Regards,

Yvan
yany

Post by yany »

Hello Yvan,

Thank you. I will try that.

Best regards, Yan.
yany

Post by yany »

Hello Yvan,

I used the code/code coupling method. The Results are placed in a RESU COUPLING directory, with a sub-directory for ROTOR and STATOR, itself containing one sub-directory per coupled domain. But I can't use the command "RunSaturne_Coupled" ( command not found)..... In addition, How can I submit the job on cluster,as there are two CS.solver files. Thank you.

All the best, Yan.

Yvan Fournier wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:27 pm Hello,

If you have issues in the rotor-stator joining, this is probably due to mesh issues.

An alternative option is to use the coupled boundary conditions mode (available from the GUI in version 5.2).

Otherwise, for complex inlet boundary conditions, you can use user subroutines. Check the Doxygen documentation examples.

Regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I do not know what script you are mentioning.

Also, how do you usually submit jobs ? Normally, you should use the SCRIPS/runcase script, and not need to directly submit the RESU/<run_id>/run_solver script (except possibly for debugging).

And using version 5.2, you do not need a coupled case. You can do everything in the same computation, changing a single option relative to mesh joining/BC coupling in the GUI.

Regards,

Yvan
yany

Post by yany »

Hello Yvan,
I have install the version 5.2 and found the part called ''internal coupling with a simplified structure model".But I'm not sure how to do that. I have a rotating zone(rotor) and stable zone(stator). how can I achieve that using this coupling model?
And what does the velocity and position mean in this model?

Thank you.

Yany
Attachments
1.PNG
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You are not looking at the correct option at all. This is not FSI.

Check the turbomachinery model and settings.

Regards,

Yvan
yany

Post by yany »

Hello Yvan,

Thank you. I have found that in turbo-machinery module, but I got another error when running the case:

"SIGSEGV signal (forbidden memory area access) intercepted! " before calculation. Do you know how can I solve this problem? Thank you.

All the best, Yan.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Did you read the forum usage recommandations ?

Regards,

Yvan
yany

Post by yany »

Hello Yvan,
Thank you for your advice.
I have made a new topic with the details of my case. Could you please have a look at it? Thank you very much.

All the best, Yany.

Yvan Fournier wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:56 pm Hello,

Did you read the forum usage recommandations ?

Regards,

Yvan