Problems when converting the result to MED format

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
tatelike

Problems when converting the result to MED format

Post by tatelike »

Hey there,
I need help, I've been tortured by this problem for quite a long time and here is my problem.
I'm trying to running the case "3Ddisks" which is a test case provided by SYRTHES itself, and none of the configuration was changed.
The version that i used is V.4.3. which has been pre-installed in CAELinux 2017.
I used the command "source" before open the GUI program and the calculation itself execute with no error:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
  Start SYRTHES preprocessing
  ---------------------------

Updating the mesh file name.. 
   -> OK

-------------------------
  Start SYRTHES computation
  -------------------------

Execution of SYRTHES.. 
    -> number of processors for conduction = 1 

***** Successful execution ***** 
BUT when i was trying to converting the result file to MED format, the following error appears ( Segmentation fault (core dumped) ):

Post-processing.. 
  .syrthes --> med.. 
     --> /opt/syrthes4.3.0/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/syrthes4med30 -m "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/../mesh/3disks.syr" -r "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/resu1.res" -o "resu1.med"
  .syrthes --> med.. 
     --> /opt/syrthes4.3.0/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/syrthes4med30 -m "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/../mesh/3disks.syr" -r "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/resu1.rdt" -o "resu1_rdt.med"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Error while post-processing result files.
Stop Syrthes execution.
when i trying to use the function "SYRTHES4MED30" alone, it gives me a error as follow:

===============================================================
                         SYRTHES4MED30                       
                  SYRTHES --> MED  INTERFACE                   
===============================================================

Transform SYRTHES results files to MED format

Read Syrthes geometry (head)...
   Dimension                    3
   Dimension of elements        3
   Number of nodes              23667
   Number of elements           120722
   Number of elements of bound  14088
   Number of nodes per element  4

Read Syrthes geometry (coordinates)...

--> End of Syrthes nodes coordinates read

Writing MED coordinates... ok

Read Syrthes geometry (elements)...

--> End of Syrthes connectivity read for elements

However, when i trying to convert the result to .Ensight.case file, it works with no problem:

Post-processing.. 
  .syrthes (.res) --> ensight... 
     --> /opt/syrthes4.3.0/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/syrthes4ensight -m "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/../mesh/3disks.syr" -r "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/resu1.res" -o "resu1"
  .syrthes (.rdt) --> ensight... 
     --> /opt/syrthes4.3.0/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/syrthes4ensight -m "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/../mesh/3disks.syr" -r "/home/sss/Documents/tests/cas_3disks3d/syrthes/resu1.rdt" -o "resu1_rdt"
   -> Ok
Why does this happen?
How am I suppose to fix this problem?
I would like to have a .med file, because i want it serves as an input file for Salome meca for further simulation.
Cheers,
Yvan Fournier

Re: Problems when converting the result to MED format

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

With a precompiled binary, there might be a versioning/build issue.

I do not reproduce the issue on a compiled version (using a slightly more recent version of Syrthes, and med 3.2, but there is not change relative to syrthes4med30 since 4.3.0.

You might have more luck with a version compiled from sources...

Best regards,

Yvan
tatelike

Post by tatelike »

Thanks a lot for your reply, I'll try it.
Yvan, I would like to know if it is possible to simulate heated fluid with Saturne and then save the result as med, then load it into Salome and do some thermal simulation with another solid structure (boundary mesh conform) ??
Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

With a precompiled binary, there might be a versioning/build issue.

I do not reproduce the issue on a compiled version (using a slightly more recent version of Syrthes, and med 3.2, but there is not change relative to syrthes4med30 since 4.3.0.

You might have more luck with a version compiled from sources...

Best regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Saving the result (whether on the whole mesh or on a subset) is quite easy from the Code_Saturne side.

But I do not think that Syrthes will be able to read this (it can read meshes, but not fields or boundary conditions to my knowledge). code_aster might be able to do so. Using MEDCoupling to interpolate results on a boundary should be possible, but requires some programming.

Regards,

Yvan