Periodic boundary conditions for particulate phase

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
lehongduc

Periodic boundary conditions for particulate phase

Post by lehongduc »

Hello,

I'm using Code_Saturne v4.0 (I cannot switch to 5.0 because all my development was in lagrangian part of v4.0). I'm developping the modelling of the collision between particles. To validate my development, I need to create a box with periodic boundary conditions for particles for 6 faces of the box. So my question is: is the periodic boundary condition for the particulate phase coded in Code_Saturne v4.0? (I know that it was done for the gas phase). I didn't found the periodic bc for the particle in the source code, so do you have any suggestion on how to add this to Code_Saturne?

Thanks in advance,
Best regard,
LE Hong Duc
Yvan Fournier

Re: Periodic boundary conditions for particulate phase

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You probably did not look in the right sources (you can grep for "perio" in the code sources). In Code_Saturne, periodicity is a property of the mesh, and periodic faces are interior faces, not boundary faces. Periodic exchanges are handled using ghost cells, using the same mechanism as parallelism (+ some geometric transformations). So the Lagrangian module has been compatible with periodicity at least since version 3.0 of the code.

Best regards,

Yvan
lehongduc

Re: Periodic boundary conditions for particulate phase

Post by lehongduc »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for the quick answer. I will take a look at it.

Best regard,
LE Hong Duc