Question about the boundary conditions in Syrthes

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
Jundi He

Question about the boundary conditions in Syrthes

Post by Jundi He »

Hi

Right now I am using Syrthes to set the boundary condition of the solid surface. But in the GUI, only constant bulk temperature and heat transfer coefficient can be set for one surface, what if my bulk temperature and heat transfer coefficient vary along the z direction of the surface? I need to set the user function for the boundary condition of this surface, to specify the external temperature and heat transfer coefficient of each solid node. Is there some tutorials or website that guide me to do that, I have no experience with this. Thank you.

Best Regards
Jundi He
Yvan Fournier

Re: Question about the boundary conditions in Syrthes

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I don't think there is a tutorial for this, as it is not used very often (except maybe by the Syrthes developers).

I have not used Syrthes user functions since a long time, but your best bet is probably the Syrthes user documentation, which is quite clear. If it is not in that documentation, browsing the source is the definite solution (but I admit certainely not the fastest).

Best regards,

Yvan
Jundi He

Re: Question about the boundary conditions in Syrthes

Post by Jundi He »

Thank you, I will try to understand the subroutine and user functions.