cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90 in CS 4.2

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
frpageot

cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90 in CS 4.2

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

Since recently I am using the 4.2 version of CS from the official ubuntu repo (code-saturne (4.2.0+repack-1build1) xenial; urgency=medium), but I am facing an issue using the boundary conditions. I set up a complete file for boundary conditions, but while I put this into the SRC folder, the code does not take into account what's inside, and use on the GUI for setting up the boundary conditions. Some of them are only defined in the cs_user_bounadry_conditions, then the code stop with an error relative to boundary conditions not correctly defined. I use an other user files in this study (physical properties) and this one seems to be taken into account (at least is is listed in the listing file).

Does someone already faced that ? I may have to go back to the last debug version (4.0.5), it should solve the problem.

Thanks.

Fred
CS4.2
Ubuntu 16.04
Yvan Fournier

Re: cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90 in CS 4.2

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

We have encountered this issue on some older Ubuntu packages several years ago. This is a bug which never happens with manual builds, only with distribution packaging (and has been reported only on Ubuntu so far) so it is probably due to some additional compiler or linker settings the distribution may be using.

So your choices are basically reporting this issue to Ubuntu, or installing the code from sources.

Best regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Re: cs_user_boundary_conditions.f90 in CS 4.2

Post by frpageot »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for your answer, I will install 4.0.5 from sources.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0