Radiation in SYRTHES 4.3

This forum is dedicated to Syrthes related issues, as the Syrthes tool does not have its own forum.
CTrinca

Radiation in SYRTHES 4.3

Post by CTrinca »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a test case on SYRTHES, concerning the radiative exchange between two concentric cylinders. The case works pretty well when there is only conduction involved, but as soon as I introduce radiation the simulation freezes at 100% "radiation initialization" without outputting any error message.
I have really not a clue on what might be wrong, so I would be grateful if anyone could give me any advice on it. I am attaching the case definition file and the meshes I used, together with the original MED files. I also enclosed the listing for my last attempt.
Many thanks in advance to anybody answering.
Regards,

Cosimo
Attachments
concentric_cylinders.tar.gz
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Radiation in SYRTHES 4.3

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'll try to take a look, but I still have a backlog of other issues to test first, so it may take a few days...

Did you try the Syrthes support ?

Regards,

Yvan
CTrinca

Post by CTrinca »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for your answer, and for offering help despite you are busy. No, I have actually never tried Syrthes support: do they have a forum of their own or I should just email them?
Thanks again and regards,

Cosimo
jingless

Post by jingless »

I just tried to reach the SYrthes support support-syrthes@edf.fr, and the mail server from EDF is rejecting the email, so not sure if this is still the way to contact them.
Regards
Juan
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Some of our mail boxes migrated to a different system, so if the Syrthes team omitted to indicate that account should migrate, that e-mail may have disapeared; they did not check it much anyways.

So I guess our team gets stuck with forwarding support requests...

Regards,

Yvan
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,

Sorry for using this forum for Syrthes discussion.
I calculate radiation with syrthes with success in parallel. I follow the tutorial "conduction and radiation in an oven plates 3d", don't find the geometry, so I created one by myself in Salome.
BUt I don't find the transient results in the POST folder. I define in the control time step management 230 time step constant of 300 s. In output I 3Dfields I choose every 50 time steps in frequency.

For posprocessing paravis can't support the ensight format, only med format. Paraview doesn't support med either ensight...

Best regards

Julien
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

I find an answer for the intermediate results (file rdt). When computing with only 1 processor, the file is created!
Is it possible to have intermediate steps when a parallel calculation?

Best regards

Julien
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello

Yes, someone else on this forum has had a similar issue. I'm not sure of the solution for this, so I may need to ask the Syrthes team. When running in Parallel, Syrthes writes separate files for each MPI rank, which are then assembled by the script. In your case, do you have the separate intermediate files ?

Regards,

Yvan
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,

Yes I have a new folder called "PART" in the parent folder where I run the case.
In this folder I have files called resu1_anumber part anumber.syr or add or his.bak or .rdt or .res or .his and one file resu1.mnx
I try to change the extension of .rdt file in _rdt.med but paravis crashes...

Best regards

Julien
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You must not change the extension, but use the syrthes4ensight or syrthes4med30 to convert .syr files to the appropriate format, possibly using syrthes-post before that to join pieces from different processors...

Regards,

Yvan