Possible additional models/solvers?

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
César Vecchio

Possible additional models/solvers?

Post by César Vecchio »

Hello all.

This is more a doubt than a request, but I find it interesting. I was wondering if Saturne will have the possibility of an Euler solver and a DES turbulence model. The reason of the Euler model is that it should be simpler and faster than a non-inviscid code, and would be ideal for analysis where viscous stresses are not that important or to generate a starting flowfield, to be used then for viscous estimations. The DES model seems to be the new trend in many areas where LES has been ruling.

I was wondering too if the development team has ever considered a Lattice Boltzmann solver. I have been in a congress where they showed a simple LB code with very interesting results and overall performance. They also said there that LB methods are displacing NS solvers in the automotive industry because the method seems to be faster and very tolerant to bad or complex CAD geometries. Its drawback is that it works only on structured meshes (the simplest codes at least).

Again, it's just to ease my curiosity, I don't have much experience on these topics. Thank you.