2D_channel_flow

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
C0st4s

2D_channel_flow

Post by C0st4s »

Hello guys,

I am new user to Code_Saturne and I have set a simple channel flow case with periodic inlet/outlet. The dimensions of my geometry is 1m along x-direction (periodic), 1m along z-direction (symmetry) and 2m along y-direction (top and bottom walls). I have generated a hexahedral mesh with 400 faces along y-direction , 1 cell in z-direction and 5 cells along x-direction. I have run the case with k-epsilon model for steady state and I am using a source term for the pressure gradient of the inlet/outlet. The Retau is 10000 (Re approx 5.6e5),tauwall=1, rho=1, with mu=0.0001 and initialising velocity along x-direction around 28m/s. I have two questions:
1)When I plot a profile along a line (y-direction) of U+ vs Y+ my line begins on 30 (Yplus=30). If I refine the mesh can this line begin from 1 let's say?
2)If I want to solve with different models like Reynolds Stress Models or k-omega or v2-f model do I need to create a new mesh for each simulation?

If you could help, that would be great!

Thanks
Constantinos
Yvan Fournier

Re: 2D_channel_flow

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

How does this usage question relate to the "discussions" subject of this sub-forum ?

Please help participate in keeping this forum organized.

Regards,

Yvan