CS & PGI compiler

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
msgsvc

CS & PGI compiler

Post by msgsvc »

Hi,

I've failed to add compiler flags( the standard CFLAGS="-ta=tesla:managed") three times for using PGI Unified BinaryTM technology(like CUDA unified memory).

(1) Using the low-level installer of course.
(2) Using the automatic installer.(revise and re-run the configure options from the top of the config.log file)
(3) Modify config/cs_auto_flags.sh in the code sources ( I delete all compiler types other than pgcc. after all, I revise conditional statements to simple statements)

I put 2 log in attachment. I want to know the technology to see if it works. (I just want to use unified memory of SpMV products)

best regards,

Jackie
Attachments
error2.log
Modify config/cs_auto_flags.sh in the code sources
(103.31 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
error1.log
assignment CFLAGS="-ta=tesla:managed" for default
(901.55 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: CS & PGI compiler

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You can also use the --disable-auto-flags configure option followed by you choice of CFLAGS, ... for quicker tests.

In any case, what seems to be missing is a Fortran compiler option to use the C preprocessor to handle #define options and such. For versions of the PGI compilers we used some years ago, it was "-Mpreprocess", so I recommend testing if last option is still valid by adding it tou your "FCFLAGS" options.

Regards,

Yvan
msgsvc

Post by msgsvc »

Thank you Yvan for the question.

If I want to get the PGI Compiler Feedback, which file and location should I look for?

best

Jackie
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand you question. You can edit config/cs_auto_flags.sh to edit the default PGI compiler flags (search for PGI in that file) before running "configure", but otherwise, you need to redirect the output of "make" to a file and check that.

Regards,

Yvan
msgsvc

Post by msgsvc »

Hi,

Thanks a lot!
I've already edited config/cs_auto_flags.sh to edit the default PGI compiler flags, including "added to $CFLAGS for profiling". So I want to get the information about PGI Compiler Feedback after compiling "the Code".

best regards,

Jackie
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I have not used a PGI compiler for quite a few years, so I can't help you here. You'll probably need to look at the PGI compiler documentation.

Regards,

Yvan