CS and OpenACC

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
msgsvc

CS and OpenACC

Post by msgsvc »

Hi,

I've got a revised application(replace OpenMP with OpenACC in /src/alge/ files) built with pgc, pgc++, and pgfortran. It's installed automatically, so I have some questions about the "install-saturne.py".

1.Does it use the autotools?
2.The "setup" file just give a path for compiler, And if I want to add one or more flags for PGI compiler, what should I do?
3.where I can find the autotools-based configure script.

best regards,

Jackie
Yvan Fournier

Re: CS and OpenACC

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The "install-saturne.py" file is a wrapper for the lower-level autotools-based configure script, whose use is itself detailed in the installation manual (http://code-saturne.org/cms/sites/defau ... nstall.pdf)

Using the low-level installer of course allows you to add compiler flags through the standard CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and FCFLAGS variables (CFLAGS being most useful here, as most files in alge are in C).

Using the automatic installer (which can install optional prerequisites), after a first installation, you can cd into the build directory, retreive the configure options from the top of the config.log file, and re-run configure with your added flags, then make && make install.

If you download the code from the Subversion mirror (rather than a tar.gz release), you need to run ./sbin/bootstrap in the sources to build configure and Makefile.in files from configure.ac and Make.am files.

Regards,

Yvan