Guide to couple Saturne & SYRTHES

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
Yvan Fournier

Re: Guide to couple Saturne & SYRTHES

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The guide needs to be updated, as both Syrthes and Code_Saturne need the PLE library to be installed first. As that library is part of Code_Saturne, it is easier to simply install Code_Saturne first. Another option is to install PLE first, by running a configure/make/make install sequence relative to Code_Saturne's libple subdirectory; in that case, you may then install Code_Saturne (configuring with --with-ple=) and Syrthes in any order.

In any case, if there is a contradiction between an old post on the forum and the (normally) up to date installation manual, choose the documentation (and if that is false, we'll fix it).

Regards,

Yvan
koch

Post by koch »

Hello,

I got question not exactly connected with saturne, but this topic gave me an idea.

I did coupled analysis in syrthes/CS everything was ok, but I always had to mesh part with coincidence nodes on shared surfaces. I can see that there is a routine here but it doesn't work now on my computer, but I did 2d coupled analysis with success.

Last part of my task is to get temepratures in only syrthes - I used contact resistance, but again it needs coincidence mesh on contact surface.

How to run routine with coupled saturne syrthes/ to not mesh parts in hard way, is that any way to calculate with syrthes with similar routine. I tried mesh this parts even with Ideas and hypermesh and it seems it is something wrong with geometry (maybe with import to salome or export to step because geometry itself is simple).

Sorry for not exactly CS question
Please help:)

best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not sure about contact surfaces, for for Code_Saturne/Syrthes coupling, there is absolutely no need for meshes to be conforming (though it helps for more precise interpolation).

Regards,

Yvan