Adding new particle parameters

Miscellaneous discussion topics about Code_Saturne (development, ...)
Miguel

Re: Adding new particle parameters

Post by Miguel » Fri May 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Ivan
Find attached set of modified suroutines and xml file in case of any error in it.
If you need any other info like mesh or eulerian checkpoint for restart, please let me know.
You will find easily the modified code. I have written the comment "mdt" in the modified areas or lines.
BR
Miguel
Attachments
ivan20200501.zip
(94.32 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Yvan Fournier

Re: Adding new particle parameters

Post by Yvan Fournier » Fri May 01, 2020 7:58 pm

Hello,

You still did not indicate whether you tested on a debug build or under a debugger.

This would be well adapted to this type of bug,

I checked the sources briefly, but did not see anything obvious. Many of the diffs are just comments or whitespace (using Git, you can simply use "git diff" or gitk to know where you modified the code, so most "placeholder" comments only make things less readable). And everybody who does some sort of development with code_saturne should be using git. The time to learn the basics are much less than time wasted by not using it, so I assume you are using it.

In any case, "off by one" or subtle initialization errors are easier to spot with a debugger, or at least a debug build (and a backtrace, which appears in the error log for most common systems, at least when using gcc.).

Best regards,

Yvan