Installation issues with Code_Saturne 2.0-beta2

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
David Monfort

Installation issues with Code_Saturne 2.0-beta2

Post by David Monfort »

A couple of issues (regarding the installation) have been noted after the release of version 2.0-beta2:

The kernel does not compile without MPI support due to a lately-integrated changeset (related to parallel mesh joining algorithm). A patch should be issued soon.

MEI library does not compile "in-place", one should instead create a build directory and configure && make install from this directory

Python libraries (scripts, gui, MEI library) may be searched in the wrong place on some 64bits systems. These libraries are installed in a lib64 directory whereas the scripts look for them in the lib directory. This will be corrected in the next release; meanwhile one can by-pass the problem by a soft-link from lib64 to lib (provided the code is not installed in /usr...) or editing the cs script.
Alexandre Douce

Re: Installation issues with Code_Saturne 2.0-beta2

Post by Alexandre Douce »

MEI library does not compile "in-place", one should instead create a build directory and configure && make install from this directory
Do you think that the addition of a simple test on the directories (i.e. top_srcdir == top_buildir) is enough ?
David Monfort

Re: Installation issues with Code_Saturne 2.0-beta2

Post by David Monfort »

This would indeed be a solution, though not the more elegant ;-) This trick is also used in the Makefile.am related to the documentation compilation, iirc. Nonetheless, I would prefer either using the make check feature of automake, or just doing nothing (I actually don't see why you need to copy this file in the build directory... due to some path dependency perhaps ?)