Problem during installation of NCS

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Mita Sarkar

Problem during installation of NCS

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Helllo,

I've got a problem with the automatic installation with the NCS. It says error during configure stage of NCS though I have PyQt4 dev tools. The install_saturne.log file is attached here. Thank you for any help.

Regards
Mita
Attachments
install_saturne.log
(9.28 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Jean Deschodt

Re: Problem during installation of NCS

Post by Jean Deschodt »

Hi
Your log says that the configure finds Pyqt libraries (for the GUI), but not the associated executables pyuic4 and pyrcc4 in /usr/bin
Can you find pyuic4 and pyrcc4 with the which command ?
If pyuic4 and pyrcc4 are not in a standard location or in the PATH, with Code_Saturne 2.0 rc1, you will be able to use the Python
executable and the PyQt dev tools thanks to the --with-python-exec --with-pyqt-dev-tools options.
(Perhaps you could redo an apt-get install pyqt-dev-tools if you are under Ubuntu or Debian...)
Mita Sarkar

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Hello Jean,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  I got pyqt-dev-tools installed on my machine but still it is giving some error. The log file is attached here. Please guide me to tackle this error.

Regards

Mita

Previously Jean Deschodt wrote:
Hi

Your log says that the configure finds Pyqt libraries (for the GUI), but not the associated executables pyuic4 and pyrcc4 in /usr/bin

Can you find pyuic4 and pyrcc4 with the which command ?

If pyuic4 and pyrcc4 are not in a standard location or in the PATH, with Code_Saturne 2.0 rc1, you will be able to use the Python executable and the PyQt dev tools thanks to the --with-python-exec --with-pyqt-dev-tools options.

(Perhaps you could redo an apt-get install pyqt-dev-tools if you are under Ubuntu or Debian...)
Attachments
install_saturne.log
(28.93 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Jean Deschodt

Post by Jean Deschodt »

OK, your error on pyuic4 and pyrcc4 is resolved.

Then you have to install a Fortran compiler: gfortran ! You have already a C compiler (gcc) but nothing for the fortan. ;)

You have an another trouble: libxml2 is not found (see
"Configuration" after the configure command in your
install_saturne.log). Please install an libxml2 library (package libxml2) and then the
associated includes (in the package libxml2-dev or libxml2-devel
depending of your Linux distribution)
Mita Sarkar

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Thank you Jean for your help! Let me get them (Fortran compiler and libxml2) installed on my machine and try to install saturne again. I will update my status.

Regards
Mita 

David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Sorry to jump in ;-)
We need to bulletproof our configury machinery when no compiler (C or Fortran) are found... I'll try to improve this for next version.
Mita Sarkar

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Hi Jean,

I got installed Fortran compiler and I think the installation is done without  lixml2. It did not create any pdf file like user manual, theory or tutorial. Anyway I downloaded user manual and tutorial pdf file from this forum. I do not know if I do not have libxml2 what problem I may face but after installation, I am not able to create any study directory. The command cs_create - study T_Junction case1 is not working. It says  "cs_create command not found".  Could you help me to resolve this?

Thanks and Regards
Mita

Jean Deschodt

Post by Jean Deschodt »

Without the libxml2 you can not use the GUI. Your set up can only be done with user subroutine. I advise you to redo your installation with libxml2. It is very strange to not have a libxml2 in a Linux system :|

For the documentation perhaps a package is missing, see this thread: http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=966#p5363

Warning: "cs_create" is the old name of the executable, but for 2.0-rc1 the name of the file is "code_saturne"

"code_saturne" is an executable. You have to say to your shell where is this file. Two solutions:

1) give the absolute path for your command, for example (adapt with the real path)
"/home2/msarkar/Code_Saturne-2.0-rc1/bin/code_saturne create --study T_JUNCTION1"

2) add the path in you PATH environment variable, for example in bash (adapt with the real path):
"export PATH=/home2/msarkar/Code_Saturne-2.0-rc1/bin:$PATH"

and then you can do:
"code_saturne create --study T_JUNCTION1"
Mita Sarkar

Post by Mita Sarkar »

Thank you Jean for your continuous help. I think libxml2 is installed on my machine and SaturneGUI is also working. I exported  the code_saturne path. I could not create the pdf files but downloaded from the link you provided.

Once again thank you!
Mita