Problem with first tutorial

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
anthonyB

Problem with first tutorial

Post by anthonyB »

Dear all,

Making the first tutorial, I get the following error when I run the simulation :

Code: Select all

Starting calculation
--------------------
At line 164 of file /homel/abernus/Bureau/code_saturne/code_saturne-7.2.0/src/base/ecrlis.f90
Internal Error: get_unit(): Bad internal unit KIND

Post-calculation operations
---------------------------
solver script exited with status 3.
Error running the calculation.
Check run_solver.log and error* files for details.
Domain None (code_saturne):
run_solver.log, error*.
Run failed in calculation stage.
I also join the file .log. I have no idea why this error and what means status 3.
I do not find the error file.

Thanks you for your helps,
Anthony
Attachments
run_solver.log
(20.06 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
setup.log
(26.69 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Problem with first tutorial

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Do you have any user subroutines ? This might be an installation error, but also due to a memory overwrite error (most frequent with user-defined functions, but possible in the case of bugs/unhandled features).

Regards,

Yvan
anthonyB

Post by anthonyB »

Thanks you for your answer,

I install the program on my personal computer, and I do not add any user subroutines.
However, during the installation I have used the command sudo with python installator to success to install the library CGNS. I read it was not recommended, but it was the only way to success to add this library.
At one moment, I delete to reinstall the software to try again, but it was a mistake and I after use a clear command to reinstall after.
How can I check if it is a memory overwrite error ?

Thanks you,
Anthony
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Could you post some of your installation logs (installation setup file, configure.log if possible).

You should not need to be sudo to install CGNS as long as you install everything to a user (i.e. /home/<user>/.....) and not system (i.e. /usr or /usr/local) directory. If you still get an error during install, you can post it here.

But without the detailed error messages, it is very difficult to guess at what is wrong.

Regards,

Yvan