[SOLVED] Error during configure stage of CGNS

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
blckwtr

[SOLVED] Error during configure stage of CGNS

Post by blckwtr »

I get an error message during installation of code_saturne, "Error during configure stage of CGNS."

I have attached the install_saturne.log file if anyone have the heart to look into it.

Best regards, Tommy
Attachments
install_saturne.log
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
Last edited by blckwtr on Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Error during configure stage of CGNS

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The end of the error log indicates cmake is not installed. For the CGNS installation, you need to install cmake, which should be available as a package on your Linux distribution.

Best regards,

Yvan
blckwtr

Post by blckwtr »

Thanks, that was very helpful. I managed to install, but now when creating an alias to shortcut, I get this error message in terminal:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/code_saturne", line 67, in <module>
from cs_script import master_script
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cs_script'
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Could you also post the setup file and the config.log file from the build directory of code_saturne itself (a subdirectory of your global build directory) ?

Regards,

Yvan
blckwtr

Post by blckwtr »

I have attached the setup file and hopefully the correct location. I have a code_saturne.build folder where I got the setup file (attached as .txt), and the code_saturne-7.0.4.build where i found the config.log file. Is this correct?

I must also mention that I was forced to edit the .bashrc file with the following in order to use ./salome to run salome:

export PYTHONPATH=/home/blckwtr/Code_Saturne/7.0.4/code_saturne-7.0.4/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/python3.8/site-packages
Attachments
config.log
(203.22 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
setup.txt
(46 Bytes) Downloaded 160 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Is there a Python binary in the SALOME build you are using ? If so, you are probably mixing PYTHONPATH with a Python version inside SALOME, and using the System Python, which could explain why modules are not found.

Did you try an install independent of SALOME ? You can still use salome prerequisites, such as MED, but do not need to run ./salome for that.

Best regards,

Yvan
blckwtr

Post by blckwtr »

I must check into that, but I was forced to use "python is python3" in order to finally install CGNS in code_saturne... Could it be this?
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

In all cases, you must use Python3, but there may be a different Python3 in salome.

To avoid complex issues here, I recommend first building a working version without bothering with Salome's Python, so you should not need to modify your PYTHONPATH. Or if you need if for SALOME separately from code_saturne, unset it for the code_saturne build and tests.

Regards,

Yvan
blckwtr

Post by blckwtr »

I reinstalled OS, and made the installation from scratch. I think there was some anaconda paths corrupting the instakllation of CGNS, and further... The issue were solved using default paths...