Error when compiling MED while installing on a remote cluster

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Error when compiling MED while installing on a remote cluster

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The libverbs library is probably used by OpenMPI with high-performance interconnect drivers.

But the syntax to link "libverbs" should be -lverbs and not -libverbs if I am correct.

Could you check if "mpicc -show" includes -libverbs ? If this is not the case, this is probably included in some .la file associated with a library (probably OpenMPI, but maybe another) used by code_saturne, and automatically included by
"libtool" (which infuriatingly does not provide a mechanism to ignore .la files). *.la files might be found in the same "lib" directories as the matching .so files.

Depending on where this is, you admin may need to fix a path. I would suspect a .la library more than the mpicc wrapper, because it would only affect codes using libtool for compilation (such as code_saturne), while a wrapper error would cause problems for everyone and be detected sooner.

Best regards,

Yvan
Ruonan

Re: Error when compiling MED while installing on a remote cluster

Post by Ruonan »

Hi Yvan,

Thank you very much. I checked "mpi-cc", unfortunately no -libverbs is included. I will ask for the cluster admin for help and give an update here if the error could be solved.

Code: Select all

(base) [rw00793@login7(eureka) ~]$ mpicc -show
gcc -I/opt/eb-pkg/ebadmin/software/OpenMPI/1.10.3-GCC-5.4.0-2.26/include -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/eb-pkg/ebadmin/software/OpenMPI/1.10.3-GCC-5.4.0-2.26/lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -L/opt/eb-pkg/ebadmin/software/OpenMPI/1.10.3-GCC-5.4.0-2.26/lib -lmpi
Many thanks,
Ruonan