Run case in remote server from local GUI

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
niuniuaba

Run case in remote server from local GUI

Post by niuniuaba »

Hi there,

I have a server (not a cluster no any batch system, just a single workstation but much powerful than a laptop) and a laptop both running Ubuntu 20.04. I am wondering if it is possible to setup a case with code_saturne GUI in my laptop but run the calculation in the server. Point is, is it possible to do this through the local GUI?

Thanks in advance.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Run case in remote server from local GUI

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This cannot be done in an automated manner yet (though it is on the roadmap, and some changes in v7.0 help prepare for this).

It can be done easily in a "manual" manner: you can prepare the case with the GUI on a workstation, and copy it to the server and run it there without needing the GUI on the server.

Best regards,

Yvan
niuniuaba

Re: Run case in remote server from local GUI [solved]

Post by niuniuaba »

Hello Yvan,

Thanks for quick response.
Yes I can copy case to remote server and run launch script through ssh and then copy back the results when finished.
I also managed to do the copy through CFDSTUDY module and launch script through JOBMANAGER module in SALOME. At this moment I found the ssh way is more convenient. But for me it would be nice to have a more straightforward way through the local GUI (something like what can be done in ASTERSTUDY module for Code_aster in SALOME).

Thanks again.

Best regards,

niuniuaba