Issue when installing CS 6.0.0 with Salome - Ubuntu 18.04

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
JeremyA

Issue when installing CS 6.0.0 with Salome - Ubuntu 18.04

Post by JeremyA »

Hello,

I am trying to install CS 6.0.0 with Salome 9.3.0 (universal version from the Salome-plateform)
I got an issue that I don't understand, you will find attached every files needed

I have Ubuntu 18.04 and I am currently installing CS with install_saturne.py (i tried too with configure make make install but the issue is the same)

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards,

Jérémy
Attachments
config.log
(227.87 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
install_saturne.log
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 244 times
setup.txt
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Issue when installing CS 6.0.0 with Salome - Ubuntu 18.04

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The error seems to be related to a missing low-level library in the SALOME-specific modules of code_saturne, so I assume it is due to the fact that the "Universal" version of SALOME is not so universal as hoped for.

Could you try the install wit a dedicated Ubuntu 18 build of SALOME from the salome-platform downloads page ?

We should try to generate a Ubuntu 18.04 version of Salome_CFD in a few weeks, but in the meantime this seems the most pragmatic approach.

Best regards,

Yvan
JeremyA

Post by JeremyA »

Hello Yvan,

I solved this issue by changing PythonPath from Python3 to Python2.7
Indeed, in Python2.7, I found the missing module 'sysconfigdata_m_linux_x86_64-linux-gnu'

Now I have a new issue : 'No module named os'

Is it due to the Universal version of Salome ?
Or maybe I can update Python 2.7 to get os.py ?

Thank you

Jérémy
Attachments
install_saturne.log
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The universal version of Salome includes Python 3 (and all versions of Salome 9 use Python 3, with most including a build of Python3), so modifying PYTHONPATH is not a good idea.

I really recomend trying the Ubuntu 18.04 build instead.

Regards,

Yvan
iwan

Post by iwan »

Hello, Yvan and Jeremy,

Since the topic is exactly the same with my condition, I did not make a new thread.

I have tried to follow Yvon's suggestions to use dedicated ubuntu 18.04 version of salome 9.3. Code_Saturne 6.0.0 compiled successfully but all salome directories needs to be specified. This is due to different directory trees, instead of the usual appli_ and library_ folders, I get 1 folder setup due to salome tools. As result,

Code: Select all

./code_saturne gui
launched succesfully, but

./code_saturne salome

return with:

/bin/bash: line 4: /iwan/salome/SALOME-9.3.0-UB18.04-SRC/salome: No such file or directory
Is there a way to resolve this?

Kind regards,
Iwan
Attachments
config.txt
synaptic libraries installed and configuration
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
JeremyA

Post by JeremyA »

Hello,

I am trying to compile Salome 9.3.0 for Ubuntu 18.04, but I have an issue about tcl that I can't solve
You will find attached the end of the compile.log

In it, include <tcl.h> seems to not work correctly, despite I installed packages :
sudo apt-get install tcl8.6 tk8.6 tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev tcl8.6-doc tk8.6-doc

Yvan, do you know what the problem is and how I can correct it ?
Do i need to compile Salome to install Code-saturne ?

(it's a Salome error, but I am not registered yet in their forum, waiting for confirmation mail)

Thank you very much

Jérémy
Attachments
error.log
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Regarding Iwan's issue, one workaround (at least for testing) would be to run the code_saturne installation and "code_saturne salome" from within a "salome shell" or at least a "salome context" environment, as in this case all the SALOME paths are loaded o the directory structure should have less importance.
But I would be interested to check your code_saturne installation config.log file, in case I notice an error. Do you confirm that for the "salome" option in the code_saturne installation, you used the path for the main SALOME install directory and not that of the application or sources (for the EDF or universal installs, we usually have a main salome directory, with an appli_V9_3_0 and Salome-V9_3_0-s9 or similarly named subdirectories; the directory we need to give is the non-appli one)

But I have not tested it. It is a pain that different Salome builds use different directory structures, and handling all the variants is a mess. I have mentioned this to several SALOME developers over the years but it seems having stable structures and naming schemes does not seem important to them.

As for Jeremy's issue, I suggest checking on the salome-platform.org website. Hopefully in the near future we can providean install script for SALOME_CFD (but the one we currently have references some internal directories with some library archives not accessible from outside our network to avoid extra downloads, so would need to adapt it the the reference external versions and this is not ready yet).

Best regards,

Yvan
iwan

Post by iwan »

Hello all,

Thank you for the fast replies.

For Jeremy, you need to compile Salome first if you want to integrate CFDSTUDY since you need salome libraries directores [KERNEL, MED,CGNS, etc.]. I do not know if using python2 be the cause or not, so can you try compiling only with python3? You can use my config file posted before. The upper part consist of libraries I need to install from synaptic package manager so salome can run and code_saturne can be configured to "make" stage. These are fresh from minimal install of 18.04.

For Yvan, I got the different directory structures consisting only one folder (screenshot attached). As you can see in my config file before, I need to specify all bin, include, and lib dirs instead of --with-med=salome \.
I attached also the config.log. So far, I have tried 4 versions of salome: ub18.04_src, univ, univ_withOT, and meca_2019.0.0. Only the 18.04 that:
1. tells me which library am I lacking (others has the same problem with Jeremy, requires python2 and at the end CS cannot be compiled due to module not found)
2. has different directory structure. other version has your descrption, e.g. for meca 2019 : appli_V2019_univ and V2019_univ.

Could you help me configure salomeenv (probably in cs_salome.py file at prefix/lib/.../code_saturne)? if the directory structure is the standard one, I can try the one suggested here https://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/623843773.

Kind regards,
Iwan
Attachments
config.log
(213.3 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Screenshot from 2019-10-03 19-00-59.png
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I have an Ubuntu 18.04 VM available on my home (Arch Linux) machine, so I'll probably download the Ubuntu 18.04 version to run some tests, but maybe not before a day or 2.

Did you test the installation and execution under a salome shell ? In this case, it may also be useful to add "--with-modules=no" to the code_saturne configure command so that code_saturne lets SALOME manage environment modules (if present) and does not interfere trying to purge and reload them.

This might work right away.

In any case, Salome 9.x has been ported to Python 3, and some modules may not be compatible with Python 2 anymore, so I recommend everyone to forget about solutions involving Python2, which is nearing retirement anyways.

Best regards,

Yvan
iwan

Post by iwan »

Hi.

The salome application is working, all module tested (cycling through them). However, when I run salome shell session, no terminal pops up. The initial terminal where I run ./salome gave

No module named '_sysconfigdata_m_linux_x86_64-linux-gnu' 
Full text attached.

Iwan
Attachments
shell session error.txt
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 211 times