Build v6.0-beta

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
ffan

Build v6.0-beta

Post by ffan »

System: Ubuntu-16.0.4LTS

Hi Code_Saturne users and developers,

I tried to build CS v6.0-beta on Ubuntu-16.0.4LTS. It generated an error ‘could not find a package configuration file provided by HDF5’ during configure stage of CGNS (please see the attached file). The message said needing to provide the paths for HDF5_DIR, HDF5_LIBRARIES, and HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS. I provided them on the command line as,
export HDF5_DIR=/home/ffan/Code_Saturne/6.0-beta/hdf5-1.10.5/arch/Linux_x86_64/
export HDF5_LIBRARIES =/home/ffan/Code_Saturne/6.0-beta/hdf5-1.10.5/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib/
export HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS= /home/ffan/Code_Saturne/6.0-beta/hdf5-1.10.5/arch/Linux_x86_64/include/

But, it still did not work and generated the same error. How do I fix the problem?

At the same time, I also tested with v5.0.10. This one built successfully, did not encounter the problem. Apparently, their install_saturne.py files were set up differently. I just wonder if this can be made automatically in v5.0.10, why not in v6.0-beta. Thanks.

Regards,

- ffan
Attachments
v6.0-beta.txt
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Build v6.0-beta

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The versions of HDF5, MED, and CGNS are more recnt in the 6.0 installer, and some options were updated.

I'll need to check what is not working in the CGNS install options.

Could you attach your setup.log file also ?

Regards,

Yvan
ffan

Post by ffan »

Thank you Yvan. My setup and install_saturne.log files are attached.

Fa-Gung Fan
Attachments
install_saturne.log
(862.05 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
setup.log
(4.31 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I did not reproduce the error on my side (On a Debian Strech-based sysem, I have not tried on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS). In addition to the log files, there are messages in the console you run the install from, (especially the configure or cmake command used to configure each library) which can be useful. If you could copy/paste the onsole messages or better redirect to a file, that would be useful also.

Also, from you log, it is not cleat if hdf5 was installed in a previous pass or is already on the machine (and that is what is not detected correctly by CGNS).

Regards,

Yvan
ffan

Post by ffan »

Thanks Yvan. This is resolved now. I need to set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to HDF5 installation path.

- ffan