Installation code_Saturne

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Sherko

Installation code_Saturne

Post by Sherko »

Hi ...

If any one can help me ... I want to know how I can install code_Saturne 4.3.3 automatically by using (install_saturne.py).

I am trying to install code_saturne, I installed Ubuntu 16.04 and Salome ver. 7.3.0 , every things are well. I downloaded code_saturne 4.3.3, and I made new folder named code_saturne, I extract the package of saturne. I entered in the folder code_saturne 4.3.3 and made folder saturne_bulid, and I want to do the installation automatically.

When I wrote .. /code_saturne-4.3.3$./install_saturne.py

The installation is not work and the program recommend me to run it from separate directory, and its first time to me, I do not know how to make it?

Best regards,

Sherko
Luciano Garelli

Re: Installation code_Saturne

Post by Luciano Garelli »

Hello,

Did you check the "Code Saturne version 4.0.0 installation guide" ? I never used the python script, I always use the configure, make and make install like in the example in the secc 6.9 of the guide.

http://code-saturne.org/cms/sites/defau ... ll-4.0.pdf

Regards,

Luciano
Sherko

Post by Sherko »

Hi ...

Thank you very much for your advice, I work on it but the installation not going well.

This is some of things that a present on the screen of my pc after

/configure
..... looks running good

and when
/make

sherko@sherko-LIFEBOOK-T731:~/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3$ make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3'
Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3'
rm -f bin/code_saturne bin/code_saturne.tmp
/bin/mkdir -p bin
srcdir=''; \
test -f ./bin/code_saturne.in || srcdir=./; \
sed -e 's|@PYTHON[@]|/usr/bin/python|g' -e 's|@pkgpythondir[@]|/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@relocatable[@]|no|g' ${srcdir}bin/code_saturne.in >bin/code_saturne.tmp
mv bin/code_saturne.tmp bin/code_saturne
rm -f bin/cs_package.py bin/cs_package.py.tmp
/bin/mkdir -p bin
srcdir=''; \
test -f ./bin/cs_package.py.in || srcdir=./; \
sed -e 's|@prefix[@]|/usr/local|g' -e 's|@exec_prefix[@]|/usr/local|g' -e 's|@bindir[@]|/usr/local/bin|g' -e 's|@includedir[@]|/usr/local/include|g' -e 's|@pkgincludedir[@]|/usr/local/include/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@libdir[@]|/usr/local/lib|g' -e 's|@libexecdir[@]|/usr/local/libexec|g' -e 's|@pkglibexecdir[@]|/usr/local/libexec/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@pythondir[@]|/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages|g' -e 's|@pkgpythondir[@]|/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@localedir[@]|/usr/local/share/locale|g' -e 's|@datarootdir[@]|/usr/local/share|g' -e 's|@datadir[@]|/usr/local/share|g' -e 's|@pkgdatadir[@]|/usr/local/share/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@docdir[@]|/usr/local/share/doc/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@pdfdir[@]|/usr/local/share/doc/code_saturne|g' -e 's|@sysconfdir[@]|/usr/local/etc|g' -e 's|@PACKAGE_NAME[@]|code_saturne|g' -e 's|@PACKAGE_TARNAME[@]|code_saturne|g' -e 's|@PACKAGE_VERSION[@]|4.3.3|g' -e 's|@PACKAGE_STRING[@]|code_saturne 4.3.3|g' -e 's|@PACKAGE_BUGREPORT[@]|saturne-support@edf.fr|g' -e 's|@PACKAGE_URL[@]|http://code-saturne.org|g' -e 's|@cs_src_revision[@]|4.3.3|g' -e 's|@cs_version[@]|4.3|g' -e 's|@cs_version_full[@]|4.3.3|g' -e 's|@cs_version_short[@]|4.3|g' -e 's|@SALOME_KERNEL[@]|/usr|g' -e 's|@SALOMEENVCMD[@]||g' ${srcdir}bin/cs_package.py.in >bin/cs_package.py.tmp
mv bin/cs_package.py.tmp bin/cs_package.py
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3'
Making all in libple
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple'
make all-recursive
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple'
Making all in src
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/src'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/src'
Making all in tests
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/tests'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/tests'
Making all in doc
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/doc'
Making all in doxygen
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/doc/doxygen'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/doc/doxygen'
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/sherko/Code_Saturne/code_saturne-4.3.3/libple/doc'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for 'all-am'.

This is first time for me trying to install code Saturne
Best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Please follow the forum usage recommendations and post at least your "config.log".

Regards,

Yvan
Sherko

Post by Sherko »

Hello

Dear Yvan, thank you for your notes. Today I downloaded Saturne 5 and I am trying to installed it, but the same errors. The problem that I do not have the scales to connect (link) between the libraries to install the code, in other hand, I am really need to install the code.

Thank you
Attachments
config.log
(252.56 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The configure script should be run from a separate directory. The first or second page of the installation documentation explains how to do this.

Running configure in the sources directory pollutes them, so I recommend starting from a new archive (.tar.gz) first.

Also, version 4.3 is obsolete (and not maintained anymore), so version 5.0 is recommended.

Regards,

Yvan
Sherko

Post by Sherko »

Thank you very much, I read the document more than 5 times (it is recommended to build the code in a separate directory from the sources). I do not know how to make separate directory and install from it (if you can not reply me because of the policy of the site its o.k to me).

Best regards
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Just create a directory side by side, for example:
tar xvzf code-saturne-5.0.4.tar.gz
mkdir -p saturne_build/opt
cd saturne_build/opt
../../code-saaturne-5.0.4/configure --prefix=$HOME/Code_Saturne/arch/opt
To replace your previous "configure", then:
make
make install
Regards,

Yvan
Luciano Garelli

Post by Luciano Garelli »

Hello,

In your config.log you just run ./configure, but you have to link CS with third-party libraries like hdf5, Med, MPI, etc.

This is my configure line. Most of the are get from salome.

$ ../saturne-git/configure --prefix=/home/lg/Code_Saturne.git/saturne-git.opt --enable-openmp
--with-mpi-include=/usr/include/mpich-x86_64
--with-mpi-lib=/usr/lib64/mpich/lib CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx --with-metis=/usr/lib64
--with-med-include=/home/lg/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/tools/Medfichier-321/include
--with-med-lib=/home/lg/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/tools/Medfichier-321/lib
--with-libxml2=/home/lg/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/prerequisites/Libxml2-290
--with-hdf5=/home/lg/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/prerequisites/Hdf5-1814
--with-scotch-lib=/usr/lib64 --with-scotch-include=/usr/include
--with-cgns=/home/lg/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/prerequisites/Cgnslib-3134

Regards,

Luciano
Sherko

Post by Sherko »

Dear Yvan,

Thanks for the commands. I did as you wrote to me, but it still with many errors.

Best regards.
Attachments
config 26-9.log
(252.79 KiB) Downloaded 285 times