CFDSTUDY won't start

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Mik

CFDSTUDY won't start

Post by Mik »

Hello, i'm operating on Ubuntu 16.04 and i've installed Code_saturne 4.0.6. I needed it for a project with the aid of Salome (series 8.2.0) and ParaView. I've installed first code saturne and then salome, i tried to run the command "code_saturne salome" to activate the cfdstudy module integrated ((as the internet says)) but the answer is:

mik@mik-RC530-RC730:~$ code_saturne salome
/bin/bash: line 4: /bin/salome/envSalome.py: No such file or directory

I have followed other instructions on the internet and i've reinstalled code saturne several time ((I modified the setup file with the path of my installation directory of salome and i've tried to run "install_saturne.py --with-salome" too)) but the same error occur everytime. I found this "envSalome.py" file but if I run it from his directory:

mik@mik-RC530-RC730:~/Documents/SALOME-8.2.0-UB16.04/BINARIES-UB16.04/KERNEL/bin/salome$ python envSalome.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "envSalome.py", line 36, in <module>
import setenv
File "/home/mik/Documents/SALOME-8.2.0-UB16.04/BINARIES-UB16.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/setenv.py", line 26, in <module>
import orbmodule
File "/home/mik/Documents/SALOME-8.2.0-UB16.04/BINARIES-UB16.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 31, in <module>
from omniORB import CORBA
ImportError: No module named omniORB

I don't know what to do anymore, I found the cfdstudy directories in the main one of Code_saturne but there're only "MakeFile" and a few *.py file like CFDSTUDY.py or CFDSTUDYGUI.py but i tried to run this too, only errors.
Attachments
config.log
(210.58 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
setup.txt
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: CFDSTUDY won't start

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You need to install SALOME first, the Code_Saturne, with the --with-salome=<path> configure option, using the path for the SALOME base installation (not the appli... subdirectory, the other one).

Regards,

Yvan
Mik

Post by Mik »

I tried to uninstall and reinstall code_saturne but the same error occur. I downloaded the version 8.0.4 of salome from its website ((at the time I had already code saturne installed)) but when I unzipped the package, I can run immediatly the salome platform. Maybe the problem is here? I'm posting the download link, be careful the download starts when you click on it.
When I extracted the files, I noticed that I could run a file called "salome" (thinking it was the installation file) but when i did it i started the program directly, without making any install i think.

I've the uninstall everything and retry installing first salome then code saturne?
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I'm not sure about the structure of that SALOME archive. The SALOME teams have several dirstribution schemes and directory structures, and don't seem to realize it it a pain for applications to follow (upgrading to follow one scheme is OK but following 5 for no good reason is not worth the effort).

You need to find the directory containing a file named salome_modules.sh (hoping this is not in a different subdirectory in some distribs) and use that directory for Code_Saturne's --with-salome= option. At least that's how things work with the internal EDF builds, but for some reason, EDF does not use the same build tool as the salome-platform.org one...

If this does not work, perhaps we should post on the SALOME forum, to see if they have recommendations for consistent automatic detection of a SALOME environment.

Best regards,

Yvan
Mik

Post by Mik »

I've found in "all files" and I got only a salome_module.mk file in a code saturne's directory... I think i'm missing something
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I think you should post on the salome-platform.org forum to check what file to search for to detect a SALOME installation directory.

In any case, Code_Saturne's SALOME integration adds a few features (graphical checking of bounday condition zones) but is not a game changer.

Best regards,

Yvan
Mik

Post by Mik »

In any case, i tried to "sudo apt-get remove code-saturne" and other variants for the packages but if i run "code_saturne gui" on terminal, the application start like I didn't unistalled it. How I remove everything? So i can reinstall with salome in the right order.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Could you run "which code_saturne" to check which install is still there ?

Regards,

Yvan
Mik

Post by Mik »

mik@mik-RC530-RC730:~$ which code_saturne
/usr/local/bin/code_saturne
It gives me only the location of the file code_saturne. But i'm still searching a way out.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is probably your manual install (the Debian package would be in /usr, not /usr/local).

So you need to go into the build directory and run "make uninstall".

Regards,

Yvan