'mpiexec.exe' is not recognized... #CS4.0 on Win R2 Server#

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Libak.dk

'mpiexec.exe' is not recognized... #CS4.0 on Win R2 Server#

Post by Libak.dk »

Hi there!

Can someone pls help me find out why my calculation exits with the following err msg:

'mpiexec.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
solver script exited with status 9009.

Error running the calculation.

Check Code_Saturne log (listing) and error* files for details.

Error in calculation stage.

I have a win7 laptop which runs the calculation with no problems

Rgds
Yvan Fournier

Re: 'mpiexec.exe' is not recognized... #CS4.0 on Win R2 Serv

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Does MPI work on the W7 laptop ? The windows build (and installer) are less well tested, and I am only somewhat familiar with them (and not so much with debugging them), as you may have noted (http://code-saturne.org/forum/viewtopic ... 303#p11303).

Did yur Win R2 server (Windows server 2016 if I am correct ?) already have an installed MS-MPI library ? Otherwise, could you try reinstalling an up-to-date version of MS-MPI ?

Best regards,

Yvan
Libak.dk

Post by Libak.dk »

Bonjour Yvan

I have installed the MPI library as you suggested, and the calculation is now running - however, the processes "cs_solver.exe" only runs at 0-6% cpu load - on my laptop the cpu's are 100% loaded :-/

I would very much like to get started using saturne on linux, but have already tried the CAElinux AMI on AWS - but after I tried to update, I couldnt get anything to work

Anyone knows about a fully functional Ubuntu AMI with latest version of saturne/ syrthes/ salome etc.?

Rgds J
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The CAELinux distribution was quite outdated last time I checked.

I do not recommend the Ubuntu packages for code_saturne, as for some reason, user subroutines are not usable (they are ignored) on that distribution. I filed a bug report, but have not had any udates.

The Debian package seems OK sot that could be a good choice.

We are also working on a "universal" Salome-CFD distribution that should work on most Linux systems, but it has only been slightly tested so far. I could try to upload it to this website next week of you are ready to expermiment, with no garantees.

On Linux, the best solution remains to compile the code, as you can choose versions and handle your updates as you want. The automatic installer makes this relatively easy, but if you are not familiar with Linux, installing the required prerequisites is the trickiest part (with experience, it is easy to determine which packages are missing when reading installer error logs, install them, and advance further; with less experience, this might require more patience).

A good intermediate solution on Linux is to install the code_saturne package on Debian or Ubuntu, then unistall that package and compile the code: this helps ensure you have most of the prerequisites installed, so the install script works more smoothly.

Regards,

Yvan
Libak.dk

Post by Libak.dk »

Bonjour Yvan

I would be very interested in the CFD distribution!

FYI

Simulation is running full steam now - pls find attached img

Thank you very much for helping me out

Rgds Jesper
Attachments
taskmgr.jpg