Error while installing

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Mik

Error while installing

Post by Mik »

Hi everyone, i'm an engineering student and i'm trying to install CodeSaturne 4.0.6 for a project.
I followed a guide for the installation of the various software like hdf5, qt4, med, metis, scotch, etc...
I tried with the classic ./configure - make - make install but during the "make" phase there was an error. I decided to use the install_saturne,py instead (i'm attaching the setup file and the installation log file) but i've got the same error.
I'm working on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and "i think" i've installed:
-CGNS 3.3.0
-hdf5 1.8.14 (have 1.10patch)
-OpenBlas
-libxml2
-sip
-med 3.0.8 (have 3.1.0 too)
-pyqt
-QT 4.8.6
-Scotch 6.0.4
-metis 5.1.0
-parmetis 4.0.3

I hope u can help me i'm desperate :(
and i've another question: I know CodeSaturne CAN use program like scotch or similar and in the setup file there're those columns with *name *use *install *path. If i don't set the "use" slot with "yes", will CodeSaturne automatically use the program i've installed? or must i build it later with those parts?
Attachments
SSetup.log
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
install_saturne.log
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Error while installing

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Are you using a 32 or 64-bit variant of Ubuntu ? The link problem seems to come from CGNS, so you may try installing it with the automatic installer (use=yes, install = yes in setup).

As for your last question, to use a package if it is already installed, you need "use=auto", and posibly to define the path (if it is not in a standard directory).

Regards,

Yvan
Mik

Post by Mik »

Finally! Thank you very much! I installed cgns with use=yes install=yes as u said and it worked! To answer your question i'm using 64bit and i did not set the other applications with "use" command in setup. I will find some kind of error while using code saturne? and i also got this:

"Before using Code_Saturne, please update your environment with:

cspath=/home/mik/Code_Saturne/4.0.6/code_saturne-4.0.6/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin
alias code_saturne="$cspath/bin"

The documentation should then be available through the commands:
code_saturne info -g refcard
code_saturne info -g user

Do not forget the post-installation steps recommended in the
installation documentation, available using:
code_saturne info -g install

Thank you for choosing Code_Saturne!
"
Can u help me? i'm not a computer expert and i don't get the instruction on the pdf that shows me the post installation process.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

the post-installation is not important if you are running on a workstation, unless you need to use couplig with the Syrthes code.

The recommendation for the environment allows you to use a simple "code_saturne" command (in a terminal) instead of requiring to type the whole path. But the code should work even if you do not do it.

So your installation seems good.

Best regards,

Yvan
Mik

Post by Mik »

So it's done! Thank you very much Yvan! ;)