no "Mesh quality criteria" module in version 4.2?

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
wangxiangyu

no "Mesh quality criteria" module in version 4.2?

Post by wangxiangyu »

Hi,

I installed code_saturne v4.2 on Ubuntu 16.04, but compared with v3.2, there is no "Mesh quality criteria" module anymore in the left hand column when the gui is started... I don't know what happend and I cannot select a suitable post processing format, now only Ensight (.case) can be used as the default ?

Thanks,
Xiangyu
Attachments
Screenshot from 2016-06-12 15-13-33.png
Yvan Fournier

Re: no "Mesh quality criteria" module in version 4.2?

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

This is normal (there was another post about this a few months ago).

In 4.2, you have 2 modes: preprocessing and computation. You can switch from one to the other with the icons on the toolbar (a mesh or a colored cavity flow).

You should be able to choose output formats as usual, on the "Calulation Control / Output Control" section, and you can run in "Mesh quality criteria" mode in "Calculation management/Prepare batch calculation" (more complete than "check mesh", as it handles user subroutines, and can run through a batch system on large cases).

Regards,

Yvan
wangxiangyu

Post by wangxiangyu »

Hi Yvan,

I see.

Sorry for a delayed "thanks" to you - every time you help me a lot.

Xiangyu
sdn

Post by sdn »

Hello,

This is normal (there was another post about this a few months ago).

In 4.2, you have 2 modes: preprocessing and computation. You can switch from one to the other with the icons on the toolbar (a mesh or a colored cavity flow).

You should be able to choose output formats as usual, on the "Calulation Control / Output Control" section, and you can run in "Mesh quality criteria" mode in "Calculation management/Prepare batch calculation" (more complete than "check mesh", as it handles user subroutines, and can run through a batch system on large cases).

Regards,

Yvan
Thank you, I've similar problem that solved by your answer :idea: