installation Salome+CS+Syrthes via VM on ubuntu 15.10

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
jgd23

Re: installation Salome+CS+Syrthes via VM on ubuntu 15.10

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,
I have the following output from the terminal:

julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x4196eb
??:?
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x4103fe
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x4080c8
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x402ce2

Best regards

Julien
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

OK, so that provided no useful information.

At this stage, I don't know what to recommend, except to reinstall Syrthes compiled in "debug" mode (adding "-g" to the C compiler flags in setup.ini should work), then re-running the same test (which should then provide more information)...

Regards,

Yvan
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,

I reinstall syrthes (without uninstall) with a modify setup.ini file
In the C compiler part:
specific_debug= -g

I have the same answers from the terminal:
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x4196eb
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x4103fe
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x4080c8
julien@julien-VirtualBox:~/3disks2D/newtest/4-2Ddisks/case1/solid$ addr2line -e syrthes 0x402ce2

Anything else?

I set up a manual case where I try to couple CS and Syrthes, I have the same issues for the coupling but I have an other answer from the terminal command "addr2line -e syrthes 0x4080c8"
I have : bilan.c:?

Best regards

Julien
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

My setup.ini file for Syrthes installation
Attachments
setup.ini
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Do you have results for other lines ? This is not where I expected an error, so I am a bit surprised.

Could you post the whole case (except the RESU contents) to see if I can reproduce this ? (If I can't, I don't know what to suggest next...) ?

Regards,

Yvan
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,

For the other lines it's the same answer as before

I join the case. Hope that you will find what is wrong...

Best regards

Julien
Attachments
case2.zip
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 270 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I ran your case (adjusting the paths), and did not reproduce any error (attached is my syrthes.log).

So the error really seems due to the installation, but I am not sure what can be wrong (Ubuntu 15.10 is not really an exotic system; I tested on Arch Linux, and we do most of our developement on older Debian systems, so Ubuntu 15.10 should be "in the middle", though that does not exclude bugs.

I do not believe there were multiple versions of Syrthes 4.3 posted, though I need to be sure the version I tested with is the same as the one on the Internet, as I might have a slightly more to date version... In your Syrthes sources, what is the date of files in syrthes4.3/src/syrthes-kernel/src (unzipping should not modify that). Mine are March 30, 2015, excepr minor patches in syr_cfd_coupling.c ecrire_fichier.c and syrthes.c, which I can post if your reference matches (but which fixed mainly issues at the end of the computation, not inside the first iteration). Checking md5sums would also be possible, but dates should be enough for now.

Regards,

Yvan
Attachments
syrthes.log
(309.09 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello Yvan,

Thank you again. I check the last modification date of the files and it is the same as yours 30 march 2015.

I have a doubt about sharing the same MPI library between CS and Syrthes.
Can you check again my setup files please?

Best regards

Julien
Attachments
setup.txt
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
setup.ini
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, you seem to have the same version. As an extra precaution, you can write "/usr/bin/mpicc" instead of "mpicc" (and the same for cc) in the syrthes.ini file, in case you have multiple compilers installed, but this does not seem to be the cause of the issue.

Your crash is strange, because other users have had "common" issues with the same test case, related mainly to the setup, but I tested your files, and your crash is in a completely different place. I tried Valgrind on the case, but there are plenty of warnings in a print command, leading to less instrumentation later, so I would need to try that first.

Also, a major question I may have forgotten to ask: do you source the SALOME environment ?
If you do, could you try reinstalling Code_Saturne and Syrthes without sourcing the SALOME environment, and re-testing ?

Regards,

Yvan
jgd23

Post by jgd23 »

Hello,

No luck for me...

I think that I don't source Salome environment. My bashrc file is joined.

I will try the the modified setup.ini for Syrthes.
If I don't succeed, I think that I wil reinstall ubuntu and everything in a new Virtual machine.

Best regards

Julien
Attachments
bashrc.txt
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 252 times