problems on gui display

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
wangxiangyu

problems on gui display

Post by wangxiangyu »

Dear,

I met some problems when I finish the installation - it seems that something wrong with the gui display.

(1)When the mouse pointer stays on any icon, a black bar appears instead of textual introduction
(2)When I run a case, I can see the convergence history from list file, however, the running window is still empty

My system is Ubuntu14.04 and the code_saturne is downloaded from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/code-saturne

Thanks,
Xiangyu
Attachments
Screenshot from 2016-06-05 16_05_56.png
Screenshot from 2016-06-05 16_04_50.png
Yvan Fournier

Re: problems on gui display

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Note the version 3.2 is not maintained anymore.

The black bar is due do the Ubuntu theme having a black background for tooltips, and older versions of Code_Saturne forcing a black text for those tooltips. This has been solved in more recent versions (and you can work around it by changing some theme settings).

Not too sure about the other issue. It resembles an occasional (difficult to reproduce) issue we have encountered, but which leads no no computation start at all from the GUI for some tries...

Regards,

Yvan
wangxiangyu

Post by wangxiangyu »

Hi Yvan,

Thanks for your reply. Just now I googled the second issue I asked, I find a tutorial written by a Japanese from http://www.slideshare.net/mmer547/codesaturne, on slide 67/143 we can see that his finial computation window is similar with mine and his version is 3.0. Maybe I should turn to the latest code as you said.

Thanks again for your help,
Xiangyu
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Actually, your final computation window seems OK (it is not completely white).

When the computation is finished, the "OK" button on the bottom becomes black, while it is gray before that (but you can stop/kill the computation with buttons on the top).

The window stays open so the user can check output (mainly useful in case of errors, not so useful when everything works well).

And most of the detailed info is in the "listing" and "setup.log" files (though setup.log is minimalist for version 3.0).

Regards,

Yvan