No Salome integration, fails if omniorb installed

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
st268

No Salome integration, fails if omniorb installed

Post by st268 »

Hello,

Upon recently installing v4.0 on my mac (El Capitan) we came across a possible bug. I have no Salome installation on my machine, and wished to install C_S without Salome integration. However, we found that if omniorb was installed then no matter what was set in the setup file generated from 'install_saturne.py' the installation would fail because it was looking for Salome related libraries. Have you come across this before?

Hope it is in some way useful information!

Thanks

Susan
Yvan Fournier

Re: No Salome integration, fails if omniorb installed

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

No, I have not come across this before, and yes, this information is useful. The SALOME detection in Code_Saturne is quite complex and lacks some double-checking, so I am not as surprised about this as I would like to be.

Once you started installation with the automatic installer, you might be able to work around this issue:
- got (cd) to the build directory, which should contain a config.log file
- type "head config.log"
- copy/paste the command containing configure in your terminal, removing the "--no-create --no-recursion" which might be at the end, and adding "--without-salome".
- type (enter to run configure, then) "make && make install & make clean"

If --without-salome is not enough, adding --without-salome-yacs and --without-salome-gui might help.

I'll try to install omniorb on a machine or virtual machine to reproduce and fix this (chances are the same issue will arise on a Linux box as on OS/X). But in the meantime, before we release 4.0.4, I hope the solution above works for you.

Best regards,

Yvan