Link to install CS2.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Christophe Loubet

Link to install CS2.0

Post by Christophe Loubet »

Hello,

I would like to reinstall CS2.0 after recent troubles with my computer. Unfortunately, the link to download it has been remove :cry:. Where can I find this folder?

PS I have already install CS3.0 and CS4.0 but I get many troubles to update my code to these versions.

Best regards.

Christophe
Yvan Fournier

Re: Link to install CS2.0

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Did you try the link from this web site or the older link on the main EDF R&D page ?

I just checked, and the link on this web site still seems OK.

Regards,

Yvan
Christophe Loubet

It works!!! Thank you really much!!

I have just another question: How can I install CS2.0 just to launch some cases with the runcase file and to keep the use of CS4.0 with terminal command like: "code_saturne create or gui'?

Thank you really much.

Best regards.

Christophe
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Simply install them in different paths (i.e. --prefix option for configure scripts).
This is recommended/explained in the installation manual.

Regards,

Yvan
Christophe Loubet

Dear Yvan,

That's what I have been tried to do but without success. Now I get the following error launching CS2.0 runcase file:
/usr/local/bin/cs_preprocess: error while loading shared libraries: libbft.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This file is located in /usr/local/lib. Could you give me some advices please?

Best regards.

Christophe
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you installed one of the versions first without providing --prefix to the configure, you probably need to uninstall what was installed to /usr/local first.

Then reinstall using (--prefix=...)

Regards,

Yvan
Christophe Loubet

Dear Yvan,

I am sorry but I have tried many ways and I cannot fix this problem for now. So, what exactly I should uninstall and how precisely I can do it please?

Best regards.

Christophe
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The simplest solution is to go into the build directory for each install (ie. where you ran "configure, make make install), and run "make uninstall".

If you did not keep the build directories, remove files related to Code_Saturne in /usr/local (dependng on whether you installed other software there, all may not be Code_Saturne related, so be careful).

Otherwise, re-run the same installs you ran previously, then run "make uninstall".

Regards,

Yvan
Christophe Loubet

Dear Yvan,

Thank you really much, it works well now!!! I have followed your recommendations to install CS2.0 in a Ubuntu 14.04.3 virtual machine and I have follow the Post subject: "Problem with libsaturne.so.0" and simply run ldconfig in centOS5.0 server.

Thanks!!!

Best regards,

Christophe