Installation of newer Version

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Mimi

Installation of newer Version

Post by Mimi »

Hi everybody,

I am currently working in Prof. Behbahani's group on a CFD study.
In the lab we are working with Code Saturne Version 3.0 (CAE Linux package, live CD). But actually we need a newer Version.

1. The question is how could we install Version 3.2 or 3.3? Is there a CD or package which we can use?

2. On one PC the Version 4.0 (Linux) is installed but the problem is that “med files” couldn´t be read.
What could be a solution?

I am new in Code Saturne. Hopefully someone has an idea. Thank you very much.

My best regards
Yvan Fournier

Re: Installation of newer Version

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I recommend installing version 4.0. Versions 3.3 and 3.2 are "short cycle" development releases, and are not maintained anymore.

When the code says it can't read MED files, it means it was installed without MED file support. A solution would be to reinstall it. You can download the source (which contains an installer script) from this website.

I suggest reading at least the beginning of the installation manual, to understand what optional libraries can be useful.

I am not sure if CAELinux has newer versions, but in any case, although you may spend a bit of extra time on the first installation, it allows you to not be dependent on additional distribution release schedules.

Regards,

Yvan