Installation C_S v4.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
clalgourdin

Installation C_S v4.0

Post by clalgourdin »

Hello,

I'm new in this forum and I'm also a new Linux user, so my questions are may be obvious for you.

I had already tried to install the version 3.0.6 without success but the new version 4.0 is just released so I try to install it.

For information :
Xubuntu 14.04
Code_Saturne version : 4.0

I think, I have installed all the librairies necessary, but I have some mistakes during the installation.

I have seen during the step "./configure" that for the configuration options :

HDF5 support : no
CGNS support : no
MED support : no

Whereas, I have already downloaded in the Synaptic packet manager, the packets :

HDF5 (hdf5-tools v1.8.11-5ubuntu7), CGNS (4 files : cgns-convert ; libcgns3.1-dbg ; libcgns-dev ; libcgns3.1 Version : 3.1.4.2-1) ; and MED (libmed-tools v3.0.6-2ubuntu1)

Moreover, I have some mistakes after "sudo make install" :

***[install-libLTLIBRAIRIES] Erreur 127
***[install-am] Erreur 2
***[install-recursive] Erreur 1

You can see in the attached files the text in the shell after "./configure" ; "sudo make install" and file config2. (log file).

Thank's a lot for your help.

Claude
Attachments
sudo make install.png
Configure.png
config2.txt
(209.96 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Installation C_S v4.0

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You seem to be missing some "dev" packages, and should not run configure from the source directory.

All those recommendations are explained in the first few sections of the installation manual, which is with the sources, and also on this website.

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

hello

I am new to the forum and Cameroonian student in MASTER 2 , again in Linux and with a not so perfect English . I downloaded code_saturne_4.0.0 . I want to do an automatic installation, but I can not find the second file ' install - 4.0.0.tar.gz ' ' as is the case for CS- 3.0.1 that contains the file ' 'setup' ' . I wonder if running the file ' ' install_saturne.py '' of the new version , can I have the file ' ' setup ''?
For information: KDE 64bit 14.04 LTS

Sincerely .
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Yes, that is the idea: the automatic installer is "built-in" Code_Saturne 4.0.0.

Just run install_saturne.py and follow the instructions (use the 2nd option, version with absolute paths; there is a missing path in the first syntax, which will be fixed in 4.0.1).

It is still recommended to read info on prerequisites in the installation manual.

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello.
Thank you for your answer so fast . Can I know know the release date of 4.0.1 ?

Sincerely .
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The release of 4.0.1 depends on a few pending minor fixes. I hope for a release sometime next week, but it might slip to early June...

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello,

Thank you . I think I can wait until early June ..

cordially

health

Sante
clalgourdin

Post by clalgourdin »

Hello,

after a bad manipulation, my PC was broken so I had install Linux again ... and try to install Code_saturne again ...

My question is very simple, I know it's necessary to build the code in a separate directory, but what this it's mean in fact ?

For an automatic installation, If I put the script "Install_saturne.py" in a new directory and I try to run for the first time, nothing is happening (the link between the script and the others files are broken).

If somebody can help me ?

Thanks

Claude
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You do not need move install_saturne.py, but simply call install_saturne.py or configure from another directory.

If you simply call ./install_saturne.py from the source directory, it will provide the necessary instructions.

Regards,

Yvan
clalgourdin

Post by clalgourdin »

Hello Yvan,

thanks, I have successfully run for the first time the script in a separate directory.

I configured the "setup" file and run the script a second time.

you can see in the attached file the screenshot from my shell.

an error occur : TypeError : cannot concatenate 'str' and 'noneType' objects

for information the file : "install_saturne.log" is empty,

and I have also check for cc, mpi, f95, python and make in usr/bin and all is OK.

and the install directory was created but also empty.

Thank you for your help

Claude
Attachments
screenshot error run setup file.jpg