Installation C_S v4.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
sante

Re: Installation C_S v4.0

Post by sante »

hi I managed to install Code_Saturne - 4.0.3 . but when I look at the "src " folder , I can not find the model pulverized coal that is to say the folder " cplv " . please help me
Thank you!
sante

Post by sante »

it 's me again , I would do a silent installation. when I run the " install_saturne.py " file for the first time , the configuration file is not generated.
please help me
sante

Post by sante »

Hello!
I finally managed to install Code_Saturne - 4.0.3 . I'm in the combustion of pulverized coal and I usually run my calculations using the FORTRAN files. But I have a concern ; after creating a case and I look in the DATA / REFERENCE folder, I see the " dp_FCP " file as is the case in versions prior Code_Saturne ( 3.0.1 and 3.0.7 ) .
Similarly , in the " cs_user_parameters.f90 " file located in the folder SRC / REFERENCE the case that I created , I do not see the line " cp3pl : Pulverized coal combustion ."
Please help me this is urgent!
Thank you!
sante...
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

The "icp3pl" option seems to correspond to an old combustion model, which was removed in version 4.0 (version 3.0 had both the old and new models). The other combustion models are maintained, so you should simply choose the newer combustion model (by the descriptions in cs_user_parameters.f90).

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello
Thanks for your answer; but in the case of " dp_FCP " file is missing in version 4.0 , is that I can use the file version 3.0 by making a copy and paste to version 4.0?

Regards!

sante.
sante

Post by sante »

Hello
It's me again. I can not find the " cplv " folder in the sources of version 4.0 because I need the files located in the folder " cplv " ; but I know how to do it !
Best regards

sante
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

"cplv" was the directory for the combustion model which was removed, so it has also been removed.

The new model is in "comb".

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Salut
Merci pour toutes vos réponses. Voici une liste de fichier que nous avons dans le dossier DATA/REFERENCE:

-dp_C3P
-dp_C3PSJ
-dp_C4P
-dp_ELE
-dp_FCP
-dp_FCP_new
-dp_FUE
-dp_FUE_new
-dp_transfo
-meteo.

as I have said, I do not use the graphical interface. The file " dp_FCP " present in versions 3.0 is not present in version 4.0 . Is there another file in the new version with the same parameters that you can offer me ; if not , do I use the " dp_FCP_new " file in version 4.0 by making a copy and paste ?

Best regards!

sante
sante

Post by sante »

Hi,
Here are the files which I speak
Attachments
dp_FCP_new.pdf
(16.59 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
dp_FCP.pdf
(17.9 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

As I previously explained, these files are related to a removed model. dp_FCP.xml is the most "similar" file in v4.0.

This thread should move to "usage", not "installation".

Regards,

Yvan