Installation C_S v4.0

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
sante

Re: Installation C_S v4.0

Post by sante »

Hello!
as you said, the GUI is not perfect and very limited. I'm really disappointed in this new version and I think staying on version 3.0
Regards!

sante
sante

Post by sante »

Hello. I would like to install 4.0.5 - Code_Saturne , but I can not. I installed all the necessary library via synaptic and when I launch the automatic installation , I get errors . Here attached the file " Setup1 " generate the file "setup" to change the installation and the image of my terminal.
Please , help me
Cordially!
Attachments
saturne_build.png
setup1.pdf
(18.16 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
setup.pdf
(18.16 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

We need to check, but your error message seems to be due an issue with the "auto" setting for METIS, so I recommend either using the installer to install METIS, or not use METIS at all (i.e. use any settign other than "auto").

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello!
I finally installed C_S - 4.0.5 and I try to run the tutorial on pulverized coal combustion with the GUI, but the mesh " Tutorials3D.cgns " is not recognized . I get an error message that " cgns " is not this facility. What to do to solve this problem?

Cordialy
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You need to configure/install Code_Saturne with CGNS file format support.

On a some systems such as Debian or Ubuntu (and others), simply install CGNS (and CGNS-dev) using the package manager. Otherwise, you need to download and install CGNS.

This is explained in detail in the installation manual, or you can try doing this with the automatic installer (which can download and install CGNS for you).

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

Hello!
Thank you for your response and your availability then I'll try again keep you informed .

Regard

Sante
sante

Post by sante »

Hello!
I did as you told me recommend. I installed the following packages: cgns -convert , libcgns -dev , libcgns3.1 , libcgns3.1 -dbg through the synaptic package manager . And when I do an automatic installation , compiling CGNS fails.
I do not know what I should do to solve this problem.

Cordialy!

Sante.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

If you installed the packages, you do not need the automatic CGNS installation.

Just tell the installer to use CGNS (with the "/usr" path), or use the manual installation.

Regards,

Yvan
sante

Post by sante »

forum Code_Saturne.pdf
(25.93 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Hello.

I have a concern ; I want a numerical calculation with the GUI o Code_Saturne 4.0.5 using the article SANGPIL JO which the file is attached below. And I unable to enter the settings and conditions ( attached file "forum Code_Saturne" ) . I would like ENTERING AND swirl number 0.5, 0.8 and 1.0 , but I do not know how to enter the swirl number . Please help me!

Best regards!

Sante.
Attachments
yo.pdf
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 354 times
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

How is this related to installation issues ?

Regards,

Yvan