Installing Code_Saturne 4.0.0 error

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
ZachJa

Installing Code_Saturne 4.0.0 error

Post by ZachJa »

Hello,

I am trying to install last version of Code_Saturne ie 4.0.0 (30.04.15 release).
I would like to use turbo-machinery module in GUI of last version of CS if possible.
I typed ./configure and terminal gave me the following error:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7v9gi07opldjvy/error?dl=0
as result cannot proceed with make and make install.
here is also confgi.log file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2v687fwcm4xz ... g.log?dl=0
what is the problem?
I try to install it to CAELinux 2013 (based on Ubuntu 12.04 as I know).
is it possible at all to install last CS to the following CAELinux release?
Also: how to get GUI of CS 4.0.0 installed?

Thank you.
Yvan Fournier

Re: Installing Code_Saturne 4.0.0 error

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You seem to be missing PyQt4, which you can probably install using your distribution's package manager. Please read the section on prerequisites in the installation documentation for details and recommendations.

Also, building in a separate directory from sources is recommended. The install documentation also explains this (most of that documentation is examples; you don't need to read it all, just the beginning).

Regards,

Yvan
ZachJa

Post by ZachJa »

Yvan Fournier wrote:Hello,

You seem to be missing PyQt4, which you can probably install using your distribution's package manager. Please read the section on prerequisites in the installation documentation for details and recommendations.

Also, building in a separate directory from sources is recommended. The install documentation also explains this (most of that documentation is examples; you don't need to read it all, just the beginning).

Regards,

Yvan
Thank you,
yes, it seems there are a lot off missing (like PyQt4, CGNS etc...) in CAELinux.
I installed CS 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 (not CAELinux) and at least final make install finished without errors.
Could you please suggest how to run/install (if possible) CS 4.0.0 Wizard in addition?
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

What do you call Wizard ? The GUI ? The installer ?

Regards,

Yvan
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Your second screenshot shows the Code_Saturne Graphical User Interface.
The first screenshot is a menu entry, so i assume CAELinux calls the GUI a wizard.

In any case, the code needs to be installed to have this. The installer is not graphical (except for the new Windows build), and you need the prerequisites to be installed first.

Regards,

Yvan