cs_defs.h:81:19: fatal error: mpi.h: No such file or directo

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
frpageot

Re: cs_defs.h:81:19: fatal error: mpi.h: No such file or dir

Post by frpageot »

Hello,

just tried to modify the setup file not to have salome support, and the installation runs correctly. That was this salome support, but I still cannot understand why the mess with the different scotch version.

Thanks Yvan for your support.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

I suspect the problem is related to the SALOME build (which might use Scotch 6.0.3), but I still need to check why this happens. I'll try this on my work system (using an older Debian variant), and keep you updated.

Did you source your SALOME-MECA environment before running the installer ? If that is the case, could you try not sourcing it ?

Otherwise, when not using the automatic installer, I did not have issues, so one workaround is to build without SALOME support (as you just did), then go inside the build directory, check the "config.log" file, and repeat the "configure" command which appears at the top, adding --with-salome="<path to your salome install>", then make && make install to complete the installation.

Regards,

Yvan
frpageot

Post by frpageot »

OK Yvan, thanks for the help. I will try next time I install CS4, right now I have a working station... then I do not want to crash it again. The salome support was just for trying, I do use the CS GUI most of the time, then it is not mandatory for me. Thanks again for the support.
Fred
Xubuntu 16.04 / CS5.0