Installation issue

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
c.jauselabert

Installation issue

Post by c.jauselabert »

Hello everyone,

I tried to install Salome coupled with Code_Saturne and Syrtes thanks to the file salome751-sat-4.0-rc2-syrt.run that was on the USB key provided at the Code_Saturne User Meeting held yesterday (April 2nd). It seems to have been successfully installed but I am encountering errors.

First, when launching salome (salome/appli_V7_5_1/runAppli), I get on the terminal :

Code: Select all

ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found

ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found

etc
But it launches anyway.

But when I go on creating a new geometry and try to explode a volume, I get the following error message :

Code: Select all

GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded
And I can not go further...

I know this is a Salome error but as the full package was provided at the CS user meeting, I thought people from the CR community could help me...

Thanks for your answers.

Clément JL
Yvan Fournier

Re: Installation issue

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

What system are you using ? The version on the USB key is targeted toward's EDF's "calibre7 system, based on Debian 6 "squeeze" (first released in 2011), with many updates.

I mentioned in the presentation (though I went a bit fast, and did not speak loudly enough) that we also hope to have builds for other platforms, but this is not yet the case (this is a limitation of the EDF YAMM package used for our builds, which for some reason I don't know is different than that used by CEA and EURIWARE/OpenCascade, which is used for the builds on the salome-platform.org site).

So that part of the USB key is probably useful only for EDF people, or those who still have Debian 6 systems. Hopefully, we'll have more builds next year (though I can't guarantee the goodie will be a USB key; it changes on some years).

The USB key still looks nice :).

Regards,

Yvan
c.jauselabert

Re: Installation issue

Post by c.jauselabert »

Hello Yvan,

The USB key does look nice :D

I missed that information during your presentation. Too bad for me... For your information, I am using Xubuntu 14.04 LTS.

If you have any guess, it would be great, because a build containing Salome/Code_Saturne/Syrthes would be very nice to save time during several installations.

Regards,

Clément JL